Surplus Super Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

olliec420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I have recently acquired an old superdish and i would like to add the FSS lnb to my setup but i want to know what that fss lnb will get? 97 possibly or maybe 123? if anyone knows that would be most helpful. Thanks.

The FSS LNB will get any KU Band satellite (97, 123, 103, 85, 74, etc)

It is stacked frequencies so there are some changes that need to be made in the receiver setup but it will work fine :)

sweet! just what i was hoping, it was free so thats excellent. now can you tell me what kind of changes need to be made in the receiver, i have a VS ultra. i can tinker with it and probably find out if you dont know. i just set the pole and waiting for the concrete to dry so i wont get to play for a couple days. gotta love this florida weather. 80 degrees on dec 11. didnt have to dig through ice to bury the pole. (sorry thought id make some of yall jealous) :-D

If the dish is aimed already, then set the LNB LO to 13850 and blind scan V side only. It will log all channels (stacked frequencies take the H transponders and "stacks" them above the vertical side and makes them V)

If you havent aimed the dish, leave the LNB LO at 10750 and aim the dish using a vertical transponder. V is the same on a regular LNB and a stacked LNB

Recently put a bandstacked Superdish FSS LNB on my 1 meter Channel Master in order to get both polarities at the same time on multiple receivers. Works perfectly! :)

alright having trouble, finally getting around to it, i have a VS ultra, having trouble aiming my satellite finder keeps going off but nothing on the Q on the reciver, lnb freq is 10750, standard lnb, checked lyngsat and have it to a vertical transponder, only thing i dont understand is lnb skew, cant skew this lnb so i need to skew the dish right? i put the super dish on 90 my location says +16.1, added 16 to the 90 and rotated it. is that the right thing to do?

correct. You need to skew the dish....If you are behind the dish its turned clockwise so the left side of the dish (again if you are standing behind the dish) will be higher than the right

man iceberg you are quick on the replies :) (u da man!) i was about to give up but i think i'll try again, its getting cold, 57 degrees... aight let me try again, is there any thing else i should be aware of that i might be missing, this is my first linear sat hook up.

ok i hit 101, now looking for 97 some more, can you let me know what exactly i need to do to scan on a VS Ultra. i cant find LNB freq 13850 its not an option on the list... but i know how to scan V only so im good on that, do it HAVE to be on 13850 to work right?

got 97 sh!tty Q though, gotta peak it, iceberg if you could let me know about that transponder freq, i think that all i should need to know :) thanks a million

Didnt know about that local osc freq on the lnb, but I have an ultra also, and tried just now. You CaN set it to 13-whatever, just punch the numbers in on the remote when you're in the right block on the setup screen, then just exit, save and try scanning again. If you don't find that works, I would switch back to 10750 and try it again.

13850 wont be in the list. You should be able to add it manually. Unless you want to manually enter everything setting the LNB LO to 13850 and blind scanning V only will find everything :)

only other way is to leave it at 10750
vertical TP's are normal
Horizontal you take the frequency, subtract it from 24600 and change to V...so 12000 H would be 12600 V

ok i see how you can type it in now but it wont stay, when i hit the last number it jumps back to 10750, i will mess around with it some more and if not just change the freq manually like you say, thanks again :)

bummer....I have a feeling you might have the same issue as I had with my Coolsat 8000 and it won't let it stick on 13850. I ended up having to leave it as 10750 and manually enter H side stuff :(

I would have thought both those receivers (the Viewsat especially) would have an option for bandstacked LNBs
It's usually called DP-something (or something-DP), after the DishPro LNBs

edit: unless they took that out of factory firmware updates . . .
If so, that's a real shame, because those bandstacked LNBs are very useful for FTA.

Yes, very useful... Probably the second best thing to having a single LNB on each polarity, as is done on many professional dish setups. The only thing you have to watch for, besides the special receiver considerations, is that your signal path can pass 2.2 Ghz. Some older switches, as well as some cheaper cables, are not rated that high. Most newer accessories will have no trouble. Anything rated for Dish Network should certainly work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)