surprised

DBENE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2004
I am surprised at how many people on this board have VOOM AND another form of cable or satellite. That has to be expensive. And I thought I loved TV :)

DBENE said:
I am surprised at how many people on this board have VOOM AND another form of cable or satellite. That has to be expensive. And I thought I loved TV :)

We all have that one or 2 channels we have to have. I would guess a large group of us have extra carriers for Regional Sports Networks and local channels we can't get with an antenna. But, yes, we all love TV. Welcome aboard. :)

The only reason I still have my cable is we here on the west coast get shafted late at night.

Us night owls want to watch more than "paid programming".

I'm in transition...

I'm just holding my Dishnetwork until my wife is convinced Voom is a keeper(she's really waiting for the USA network on voom, she loves "Touching Evil")

I have both D* (had for four years, will keep as long as they are the only one providing the NFL Sunday Ticket) and Voom (had since April). One thing that bothers me is that I lose the signal for Voom with the slightest overcast cloud cover, but under the same conditions the signal for D* is fine. I think I read in other posts that this is referred to as "cloud fade" or something like that. Hopefully, Voom will correct this soon.

I have E* and VA VA VOOM. $200 a month for DBS services!

I will Keep E* until...

1) VOOM's DVR is released and stable.

2) VOOM offers USA, SCI FI, HGTV. (off the top of my head)

3) VOOM makes their guide software more useable.

I will drop VOOM if....

1) E* comes out with more HD before the above happens. (?)

2) If I have any more significant software/hardware problems with the voom box.

That said... I really hope VOOM gets their HD-DVR done right because I believe it will make VOOM a real contender.

I am still on the fence with VOOM. I like having all the HD content. But... I really only watch Showtime HD, HBO HD, and the local OTA networks HD content. Most movies I watch are DVD.

All of that HD content is available through E*....

Keeping my fingers crossed that VOOM = HD DVR = new transponder space = wm9/MPEG4 = higher quality SD and more HD.

VOOM promises this and I hope they deliver. And I am willing to put up with two services for a year until they accomplish this.

Scott Greczkowski said:
If VOOM had a DVR I would switch to VOOM completely. But it don't so I don't.

It's that simple. ;)

Me three. HD DVR is the key (not a Low Def Tivo/Replay or DVD-R). Firewire recordability/archive is another key.

I still have the Dish HD Pack ($9.99/month) because I HAVE to have HDNET. If Voom ever picks it up, Dish is history.

No DVR on VOOM is why I keep E* and more HD premiums is why I have VOOM. As soon as VOOM rolls their DVR, E* is history. Sure I'll miss DIY & HGTV, but the extra $110/month will help me cope.

One Word: Dodgers

Wont get Voom installed till the 4th, but if I fall in love with voom as so many have, I plan to keep my dish no matter what till Voom carries the Dodgers ie: fsn

omard. said:
I still have a contract with Dish Network. So I can't leave but once the contract is over i'm gone.
You can cancle your contract, you will have to pay a penalty.
You should compare that to what you will pay over time with Dish and it may just be cheaper to pay the penalty

Black Hawk,

Being a big Dodger fan, I agree. But I keep cable because all the SAT companies go by EST and late night here most of the TLC, DHC, A&E stuff is only paid programming.

Since I get broadband too- I get basic cable for the above shows I want to watch late.

If you get 13.1 OTA, that is most of the road games, plus ESPNHD will carry some.

FSNW and W2 won't be on Voom this year.

blkhawk666 said:
Wont get Voom installed till the 4th, but if I fall in love with voom as so many have, I plan to keep my dish no matter what till Voom carries the Dodgers ie: fsn
The Dodgers and Yankees are playing on ESPNHD in June!

Jun. 20 ESPN'S SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL
NEW YORK YANKEES VS LOS ANGELES DODGERS
LOS ANGELES, CA, USA 8:00 pm to 1:00 pm (Eastern).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts