sv8000hd info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ramperf

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
blackstock ,sc
Just bought a SV8000HD , powermax sg9120,ws9036 dish with a dmx521 lnbf. I have been setting it up now for 2 weeks trying to get some sort of quality signal. I have set the dish up according to the altitude, motor and dish settings and have moved it ever so slightly , as told by radar and saldone, but just cannot receive a quality signal, signal strength is 67 on 82w. My lat is 34.5N and long is 81W.
I'm thinking that my signal meters are not working on my SV. Anyone have this problem?

but just cannot receive a quality signal, signal strength is 67 on 82w
No Sat at 67west may be a typo, but I don't think there is anything not scrambled on 82 west.

Double check what Sats you are trying to get, can you list some of the Transponders.

Just bought a SV8000HD , powermax sg9120,ws9036 dish with a dmx521 lnbf. I have been setting it up now for 2 weeks trying to get some sort of quality signal. I have set the dish up according to the altitude, motor and dish settings and have moved it ever so slightly , as told by radar and saldone, but just cannot receive a quality signal, signal strength is 67 on 82w. My lat is 34.5N and long is 81W.
I'm thinking that my signal meters are not working on my SV. Anyone have this problem?

82W is for BellTV. Everything on that bird will be scrambled. The reason you are not getting any quality signal reading is because your LNB is linear, while the signals on 82W are circular. You're going to need to move the dish to a linear bird. Click on "The List" near the top of this page to see the satellites available on the KU band. Make sure your receiver is tuned to an active transponder for the satellite the dish is pointed to or you will never see a quality reading. Also, make sure your lnb settings are correct in the receiver. It should be set to Single with a frequency of 10750. Forget about sats 61.5, 77, 82, 91, 110, 118.7, 119, and 129. You need a circular LNB for those sats and there's really no FTA channels on them anyway.

I tried this on 97 also but will redo. My receiver will bring up the transponders and they coincide with the list. What would be the best bird to setup on?

82W is KU Band but is in the DBS frequencies (12.2-12.75Ghz)...your LNB will handle 11.7-12.2Ghz which is the KU Band that we use here in North America

If you have an old DBS LNB laying around from Direct or Dish it will work for the time.

The best thing to do with setup (and this may not be the best as if I remember the 8000 motor function isnt the best) is to go into the menus, find the motor option, select USALS, put the lat/longitude in and have the dish/motor assembly move to 83W then aim the dish at 83W

The best thing to do with setup (and this may not be the best as if I remember the 8000 motor function isnt the best)

I have never had any problems with the motor functions on my 8000. Probably the best of any receiver I've ever owned. Totally unlike my Azbox, which just might be the worst receiver I've ever used with a motor. Total garbage.

bruin95 said:
I have never had any problems with the motor functions on my 8000. Probably the best of any receiver I've ever owned. Totally unlike my Azbox, which just might be the worst receiver I've ever used with a motor. Total garbage.

I have to agree on the 8000, reliable work horse. Now as far as the AZ with motor, well I used to have the Elite and moved my HH120 motor just fine.

I thought the Sonicviews had motor issues?

Well the one I have that cannot remove the hackware (usb wont work) works fine with my HH120.
Haven't really seen any issues whatsoever with USALS.

No issues here either with SV8000 using USALS or DiSEqC 1.2 with an SG2100 motor. You could use the serial cable to reload the factory software. It's just more convenient using a USB.

Have not had any issues with the motor functions just the quality signal.
I do have another question....the dish bracket (looking at it from behind the dish) has 2 scales on it, one on the right side and one on the left. When the right scale reads 35 (actually 3.5) the left side reads 50. Now I know the offset on this dish is 24.62 so that doesn't add up. Also when the bracket is mounted at the bottom of the tube, like it says, the dish will not tilt back to 49.8 when setting for 49.8 degrees for 83W. Or am I doing this wrong????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)