SW64 Assistance

egk

Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
About a year ago, DISH installed an SW64 switch to connect our three satellite feeds to two receivers, each requiring one input. I recently purchased an HD DVR 942, which requires two inputs for itself. My problem is when the technician installed the SW64, which is affixed to my roof, he only ran two of the lines into my home. Is there any way to add an additional line without having to pay for another technician to come out a few weeks from now to run the two remaining available feeds into my home, which is what the first technician should have done? That is, can I create three lines from the two existing lines by adding a switch/etc, or do I have to buck up and pay? As this is all quite new for me, I would appreciate any advice you may have; I just want to watch TV.

egk said:
About a year ago, DISH installed an SW64 switch to connect our three satellite feeds to two receivers, each requiring one input. I recently purchased an HD DVR 942, which requires two inputs for itself. My problem is when the technician installed the SW64, which is affixed to my roof, he only ran two of the lines into my home. Is there any way to add an additional line without having to pay for another technician to come out a few weeks from now to run the two remaining available feeds into my home, which is what the first technician should have done? That is, can I create three lines from the two existing lines by adding a switch/etc, or do I have to buck up and pay? As this is all quite new for me, I would appreciate any advice you may have; I just want to watch TV.

Egk,

Sorry that is not possible. Each feed is unique and CAN NOT be split, combined, or shared with any other satellite tuner.

You will have to run new cables. The other solution would be to replace the LNBF's on your Dish with a Dish Pro Twin, connect a Dish Pro 34 switch inside of your home and run the cables from the switch to the receivers and or tuners of your choice. It is still a one to one relationship one cable feed to one satellite tuner.

John

The technician would not have run more cables into your house than what was needed. You only had two receivers so he only runs in two lines. Just because you have a switch that has four lines out, does not mean he has to run unneeded lines in. He did what he was paid to do.

Other than that, all you have to do is get two lines from the receiver location to the switch. If you feel you can't do it, then you may have to get a tech out to do it for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)