SW64 Multiswitch

neftv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
PA USA
I have a VIP 622 and will probably add more VIPs' over the next year. Will a SW64 pass through the mpeg4 signals that are now used on Dish that were not used when this switch first came out? Being a long time sub I have Legacy LNBFs Dish 500 and single dish and looking at this route instead of getting DishPro LNBFs. Unless anyone had better idea. Thanks.

SW-64 will pass signals but can only service 2 dual tuner receivers. You might be better off upgrading to Dish Pro Plus for the long run.

Probably the easiest and cheapest way to upgrade is either with a Dish 1000.2 (for Western arc) or a Dish 1000.4 for (Eastern arc). Both are about $100 and allow you to run one cable to each dual tuner receiver.

Both have DPP lnb's and builtin dpp3 switch that will work with up to 3 dual tuner receivers.

NOTE: for Eastern arc you must have ALL ViP receivers and the new purple smart card.

Probably the easiest and cheapest way to upgrade is either with a Dish 1000.2 (for Western arc) or a Dish 1000.4 for (Eastern arc). Both are about $100 and allow you to run one cable to each dual tuner receiver.

Both have DPP lnb's and builtin dpp3 switch that will work with up to 3 dual tuner receivers.

NOTE: for Eastern arc you must have ALL ViP receivers and the new purple smart card.

Is that 1000.4 dish meant to be used with in USA? I see that on Lyngsat is shows Dish Network Mexico for the 72.7 and 77 satellites. Right now I look at 61.5,119,110. I don't want to buy that dish only to find out that I need to learn Spanish. Although those satellite positions for the 1000.4 dish would probably hardly ever get rain fade like 119 does now and sometimes 110 too on the East.

Since you live in PA, I would recommend going eastern arc for better signal strengths. But keep in mind if you do that, you will only get you local channels that are being broadcast in HD, In Minneapolis people lose their CW & UPN, and a few other non hd locals when we do eastern arc for them. Something to think about.
The 1000.2 dish is bigger and gives you higher signal strenths than your 500 dish does on 110 & 119, and with the new 129 sat lauched, you'd probably be ok going with it.

So if I go with the 1000.4 dish I would not need a DPP44 switch correct? (from what I am reading) The dish has 3 outputs and the switching is done there.

Since you live in PA, I would recommend going eastern arc for better signal strengths. But keep in mind if you do that, you will only get you local channels that are being broadcast in HD, In Minneapolis people lose their CW & UPN, and a few other non hd locals when we do eastern arc for them. Something to think about.
The 1000.2 dish is bigger and gives you higher signal strenths than your 500 dish does on 110 & 119, and with the new 129 sat lauched, you'd probably be ok going with it.

Thanks for bring that to my attention. It turns out that the one local station I do sometimes watch is on 110 (I think I not sure) so that 1000.4 dish would miss that feed. I know I can get it off air but still having the complete sat feed would be great. I might end up looking for a used SW64. I not sure that other dish that gets 129 would be ideal as I have a next door neighbor with a tree in that vicinity. I really like the one dish concept (dish is on the right track on that).

I've got a brand new one if you're interested.

Thanks for bring that to my attention. It turns out that the one local station I do sometimes watch is on 110 (I think I not sure) so that 1000.4 dish would miss that feed. I know I can get it off air but still having the complete sat feed would be great. I might end up looking for a used SW64. I not sure that other dish that gets 129 would be ideal as I have a next door neighbor with a tree in that vicinity. I really like the one dish concept (dish is on the right track on that).

I've got a brand new one if you're interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)