SW64 (switch SCD-2P3) and BEV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
To see if I would have any difference in signal of 82W of several points on Transponders 7,11,27 and 31 - as several points would put me from no go to marginal - I swapped out the SW21 with a SW64 I had laying around.

Obviously, BEV does not have 3 Satellites, but I assumed that would not be an issue.

After running a check switch, no switch box is detected.

Before I go extreme trying to troubleshoot this, does anyone know for sure if a SW64 is supported on BEV?

Yes the SW64 is supported by Bell. I know Stone Phillips420 has one set up and I saw it in action. It doesn't register on the check switch as aSW64 (I forget what it does say it is), but it does work

OK....with that info, I first switched out the AC Power - no go

Secondly switched out the inserter - no go

Went and switched the SW64 - bingo - bad SW64.

It registers as a SCD-2P3 instead of a SW-64, for future reference.

And I gained 1 point on 82W TP27. I don't think that is enough to help.

I am going to try and tweak the lnb more.

sw64 and bell definately works im using a sw64 for 6000c,3 5900's with berg's help
not a big fan of 1 of 38 check switch process but it goes fast enough
SCD-2P3 yup my switch shows that as well

Last edited:
Iceberg - you might want to modify topic to "SCD-2P3 - SW64 and BEV " so someone searching in future might stumble across it that way.

Amazingly, if you google SCD-2P3 or SCD2P3 there are no hits to anything related to BEV.

Last edited:
I can tell you after my experience after buying some of these cheap on eBay, DON'T BUY USED. I have a boatload of these with have one issue or another.

I would buy a sw44 but they seem way more expensive than the 64 and as for the used part of it, a lot of people seem to buy it from and its in working order. Just out of curiosity what are some drawbacks to having a used sw64 rather then a new one

I have several used off ebay when they try to sell off several at a time.

All 10 have various issues, but I thought I was getting a great price!!!!!

You have been warned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)