SWAG Method?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
Hello Guys,

I just wanted to share something with you on the humor side. The other day a good friend of my wife said something to me I thought you might get a chuckle out of it. She asks what do the satellite dishes in the back yard do. I told her I watch a lot of programs that are not on Dish Network or DIRECTV. What I watch is called FTA (Free to Air). She asked, can anybody aim a dish up at the sky and watch TV? I told her it’s is not that easy and there is a lot more that she does not know about this type of hobby. This next statement is the best! She said it sounds like anyone could use the (SWAG METHOD) and watch satellite TV. Her description of the (SWAG METHOD) is (Scientific Wild Ass Guess). Sorry, but I thought this would be great to share!

Keystone,

Hee hee! I Love it!

I personally implement the SWAG method often. It proves to be very handy when troubleshooting systems which you are not entirely familiar with and even more beneficial when trying to explain the repair process to managers at work who don't understand technical jargon. When they ask "How did you repair this?" We simply iterate that "Since the equipment was SNAFU we applied an advanced troubleshooting technique that has been proven throughout the years called the SWAG method and that led us right to the source of the malfunction, wherein we immediately corrected the faulty P.O.S. using a F.M. generator and performed a hard reboot of the OS which enabled the P.O.O. to resume productive use of the equipment ASAP". They don't usually ask for more detailed explanations, but if they do, we spell it all out for them and they either ROFL or simply groan, roll their eyes and walk away.

RADAR

Thanks, I didn't even know that the SWAG Method was out there. This is GREAT!

Keystone,

Hee hee! I Love it!

I personally implement the SWAG method often. It proves to be very handy when troubleshooting systems which you are not entirely familiar with and even more beneficial when trying to explain the repair process to managers at work who don't understand technical jargon. When they ask "How did you repair this?" We simply iterate that "Since the equipment was SNAFU we applied an advanced troubleshooting technique that has been proven throughout the years called the SWAG method and that led us right to the source of the malfunction, wherein we immediately corrected the faulty P.O.S. using a F.M. generator and performed a hard reboot of the OS which enabled the P.O.O. to resume productive use of the equipment ASAP". They don't usually ask for more detailed explanations, but if they do, we spell it all out for them and they either ROFL or simply groan, roll their eyes and walk away.

RADAR

That is new terminology on me, been doing it for years, just didn't know it had a name. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)