SWAMP THIS GUY W/ phone calls if you dont qualify for hd olimpics..

The 664-4444 number is no help - it's just the switchboard and they passed me to a recording about waivers which says call the local affiliate.

I left a message for the guys on the 664-5768 number, but doubt I'll ever get a callback.

Just called KOAA again. They say No Way and gave a runaround explanation. Blaming the FCC because the FCC is not allowing them to go HD for their OTA - what CRAP!

That's the last straw. KRDO (ABC) down there took away my other ABC feeds, so it looks like I'm moving my gear up to my cabin in Park County (Denver DMA). Screw Colorado Springs.

About a year ago I called a number for E* I got off a press release. The number was a contact for someone in programming. My question was on HD. When this guy answered he acted surprised and pissed that I had his number. He asked where I got the number, who I was with, blah blah blah.

With that in mind, here are some other numbers for NBC that I found.

Steve Griffith, Griffith Associates, 610 363 0966, cell 484 433 7757, stgrf@aol.com
Kerry Ryan, NBC, 212 664 5768, 1445int@nbc.com
Jennifer Skorlich, 818 840 4630, jennifer.skorlich@nbc.com

Bear in mind I have no idea who or what these people do. :)

Simon...

I live in Colorado Springs and get my locals with no problem here. What is going on with you and your locals??

its a local issue but its not.. we can get the locals.. but we cant get them in hd.. thats the problem.. koaa is not braudcasting there signal in hd.. nor can we get them over the dish cauz koaa wont allow it

Does that really surprise anyone? KOAA has been behind the curve for months and I would not expect anything to change until someone makes them do it. KKTV has been head and shoulders above the rest for awhile now (not great but 100 times better than anything we have) and I dont expect anyone to catch up anytime soon. It is sad really. I lived in a small town in North Carolina with the military 2 1/2 years ago and had pretty much every local channel in HD OTA. We have 1 here in the Springs. What a joke.

Right. I can get my C.S. locals no problem - it's that KRDO took away my other 3 ABC feeds, and KOAA (I thought) was going to block my HD Olympics feed. Turns out I'm lucky on that last count - at least so far. I may still move my equipment to my cabin in Park County. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)