Swap Dish Network Infrastrutcure for OTA

Hppygo

Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
Florida
Have a 180 unit apartment complex currently implementing Dish Network.

Want to remove Dish and install OTA antenna.

Anyone do this?

Believe remove dish install antenna, remove 1st multi switch install amplifier (what power not sure) and replace any other multiswitches downstream with amplifiers (what power not sure).

Any help welcome.

THX, Ken

Send me a PM. Anytime I can help someone get rid of Dish Network I’m glad to help.

It depends on the system. For a unit that size, you could be running QAM, In which case you simple swap 1 coax cable and leave all the existing amplification in place.

It could also be a daisy chain of multi switches, which means you need to pick one of the 3 or 4 main trunk cables to use as your main and replace multi switches with standard taps and amplifiers.

It really depends on the location of the wiring, distances, etc.

You can’t just bypass the multi switches and think your all set.

Your going to need a launch amp and have some idea what the signal levels are at each point.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
How do your residents get broadband Internet now?

Going away from a TV service is likely to induce a major leap in Internet usage as residents find other methods of getting their cable channel fix.

It is short-sighted to look at as coaxial cable as being a single-use tool unless you have made other provisions (Wi-fi or wired) for important services such as broadband; especially if you're expecting everyone to use streaming services (where a Wi-fi solution may not be up to the task).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)