Swapping Dish 311 Receiver for new Vip622 DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edp

Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
I currently have a Dish 942 DVR to get HD programming. I still have the older Dish 311 Receiver that I used before I upgraded to the HD Pak to use with my Dish 942.

Today, I ordered the new ViP622 (MPeg4) DVR to replace my Dish 942. In order to receive the $200 rebate, customer service said I can return my older Dish 311 when they install the ViP622 DVR - that I can keep my existing Dish 942 since I purchased it from another party.

Can anyone confirm that I will be able to swap out my Dish 311 when install my new ViP622 DVR to get the $200 rebate in April? If so, then I can sell my Dish 942 on EBay etc. I dont want to have to swap out my Dish 942 since I purchased it outright and did not lease through DishNetwork.

edp said:
I currently have a Dish 942 DVR to get HD programming. I still have the older Dish 311 Receiver that I used before I upgraded to the HD Pak to use with my Dish 942.

Today, I ordered the new ViP622 (MPeg4) DVR to replace my Dish 942. In order to receive the $200 rebate, customer service said I can return my older Dish 311 when they install the ViP622 DVR - that I can keep my existing Dish 942 since I purchased it from another party.

Can anyone confirm that I will be able to swap out my Dish 311 when install my new ViP622 DVR to get the $200 rebate in April? If so, then I can sell my Dish 942 on EBay etc. I dont want to have to swap out my Dish 942 since I purchased it outright and did not lease through DishNetwork.

Really hate to brake it to you but since you ordered before April 1st, you will not be eligible to receive the rebate......read the other posts on this....

Swapping Dish 311 for ViP622..

Dish already placed a requisition for the $200 Rebate. I confirmed this with supervisor. They told me this $200 would be credited on my Dish bill after April 1. They also told me I can swap out the Dish 311 when they install the ViP622. Just wanting to make sure their reps are not giving me bad info on this swap out...

edp said:
Dish already placed a requisition for the $200 Rebate. I confirmed this with supervisor. They told me this $200 would be credited on my Dish bill after April 1. They also told me I can swap out the Dish 311 when they install the ViP622. Just wanting to make sure their reps are not giving me bad info on this swap out...

I hope for your sake they aren't blowing smoke. I have been burned by CS MANY MANY times (as well as their supervisors). Good Luck!

View the 622 Install thread......and do a search on the rebates.....don't see anywhere they are allowing rebates on anything ordered before 4/1/06..

edp said:

I highly doubt you are getting a rebate in April for a 622 order today. Maybe you are suffering from "wishfull hearing"? If in fact Dish is willing to do this then I would go for the order now myself but was told no dice till April 1 earlier today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts