Swim...what is the purpose of this box and can I move it to a different active room?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rattler94

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Can I moved this box to any active coax cable? I'm trying to connect a coax/ethernet adapter to the tv that has this swim box attach but the picture on the tv jumps/pauses/freezes...etc. If I move the swim box to a different live Direct cable...will that resolve my issue and let me us my coax adapters to wire for computers for internet access?

I dont have the coax/ethernet adapter so I dont know how that works. I know with mine on the splitter there is a thing that says "power passing" and the power inserter has to be on that line if its hooked after the splitter. I put it in the computer room so I didnt tie up a plugin in the main room :)

If you hook the PI before the splitter (between the LNB and the splitter) then the above a moot point

Yes, you can move it to another room but you will first have to switch lines at the SWM splitter.
There is one power passing port on the swm splitter and the power inserter must me going to that.

Now, will that fix your problem?
Probably not.

Is the receiver the picture jumping on a D12 (or standard receiver).
If so, a band stop filter will fix your issue.

The picture jumping is occurring on the HDTV with HD receiver. The internet connection is up and running but the picture on the HD TV jumps. The HD DVR is another another room.

Simple solution to figure out if it has anything to do with the internet is to unplug the system from the internet.

If you want to see if lack of BS filters on the standards are causing it, unplug the the standard receiver.
However, I can with almost certainty say this is not it.

I can also say with almost certainty where the power inserter is located would not cause this either.
However, weird things have been known to happen with SWM and especially with MRV.

Swap your HD receiver and HD/DVR around (only the receivers not the cables) and see if the problem follows the receiver or the stays on the TV.

Let me know what you get

Will do that later... Should the swm box be on the same line with the HD DVR...the contractor but the two together but I swapped the HD DVR box with the HD box, because the DVR box doesn't have autotune. Did that 2 weeks ago and everything has been working fine. Does any one if the DVR and the SWM need to be together or can they go anywhere? I'm asking because I want to move the HD box/TV to a different room and wondering if I can leave the SWM box by itself?

It does not matter what receiver is with the power inserter.
However, the power inserter needs to stay where it is unless you change the lines around at the splitter.

Freakn coax to Ethernet adapter wouldn't handshake with DTV DECA. Looks like I will get going wireless.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)