Switch for 2 dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

acker1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
SE
I live in a motorhome and have a DISH sat mounted on the roof. Sometimes when I'm in a wooded area I have to use my tripod mounted dish. This means I have to pull the receiver (VIP722DVR) out of the cabinet and disconnect the roof dish and connect the tripod dish. It's a pain in the butt to do. Is there a switch available that I can hookup and change over with a flip of a switch?

Thanks
DICK

I use switches for that same reason. TV Cabling shows my wiring. Just make sure you use high quality switches, not the kind you find at Radio Shack. The article mentions a VIP 622 that evolved to a VIP 722K to the present Hopper.

I use switches for that same reason. TV Cabling shows my wiring. Just make sure you use high quality switches, not the kind you find at Radio Shack. The article mentions a VIP 622 that evolved to a VIP 722K to the present Hopper.

Your link needs fixed. All it does is generate an error.

Brussam--Thanks. I had your site already in my favorites (probably from rv forums). I read thru everything but never saw what switch to use to switch between the 2 satellite sources. I know it has to be able to send voltage to the dishes so I think that any old A/B switch will not work. I probably overlooked it but could you give me a brand/model # for the switch?

Thanks again,
DICK

TechWriter--Page shows "For Business Customers Only. We do not sell directly to the Public." I then googled the switches and couldn't find them anywhere except that page.
Will any A/B switch work? Or does it have to be a special one to pass the voltage back to the dish?

Thanks
DICK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)