Switch for C band and Ku band motorized problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vargf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
I have a switch for 4 dish I decide connect a motorized dish Ku-band in the #1 path and a C-band in the #2 path but, the problem present when I have
to change from C-band channels to Ku-band channels the ku-band motorized moves for example I'm whatching a C-band G3C sat but I desided to change
to IA6 ku-band channels and the I catch the signal for a 3 sec but then the signal lost what is the problem?
I use a Fortec Ultra Life receiver Ivacom Quad LNB for Ku band and Chaparral LNB for C-band.
settings
For
Ku-band 10750 ,Switch #1,USAL for motirized Anttena
C-band 5150 SL,Switch #2, on USAL,DIsecq is desactivate.

vargf said:
I have a switch for 4 dish I decide connect a motorized dish Ku-band in the #1 path and a C-band in the #2 path but, the problem present when I have
to change from C-band channels to Ku-band channels the ku-band motorized moves for example I'm whatching a C-band G3C sat but I desided to change
to IA6 ku-band channels and the I catch the signal for a 3 sec but then the signal lost what is the problem?
I use a Fortec Ultra Life receiver Ivacom Quad LNB for Ku band and Chaparral LNB for C-band.
settings
For
Ku-band 10750 ,Switch #1,USAL for motirized Anttena

Try a 22 khz switch .

Wyr

It sounds like your receiver settings aren't right. The Fortec is only moving the dish on input #1, so there shouldn't be anything set for USAL on input #2. For G3C your positioner setting should be none, not USAL. Remember, your motor doesn't know anything about switches. If you have G3C set to use USAL, then when you change to that sat the receiver will send the USAL code to move to G3C. Since the KU dish is the one hooked to the motor, the KU dish moves.

Where was the ku positioned before it moved to IA6? It sounds like it drove through IA6 and stopped past the sat. If you have G3C C-band disabled and changing from port 2 to port 1, it shouldn't matter that it's C-band. The last ku sat you were on before you moved to C-band is probably where it drove from to get to where it stopped at on ku. In other words, when you changed from a ku sat that was "abled", to a C-band sat that was "disabled", the ku dish should not have moved at all. Then when you left C-band to go back to ku, it would move to the new ku sat, unless it was the same ku sat you were at before you went to C-band. Of course I'm assuming you have a separate dish for your C-band.

Al

voomvoom said:
In other words, when you changed from a ku sat that was "abled", to a C-band sat that was "disabled", the ku dish should not have moved at all.

I don't think that's correct. The disecq setting is separate from the motor setting. He said he had both the KU and C band sat's set up for USAL. Since his KU dish is the one connected to the motor, it's going to move regardless of whether the disecq is enabled.

Switch #2, on USAL,DIsecq is desactivate

iammike said:
I don't think that's correct. The disecq setting is separate from the motor setting. He said he had both the KU and C band sat's set up for USAL. Since his KU dish is the one connected to the motor, it's going to move regardless of whether the disecq is enabled.
In his last line he wrote:
To me that is saying C-band is deactivated. Maybe I'm misinterpretting it. I think there should be 3 settings,(1)USALS,(2)Diseqc 1.2,(3)Disable. And you can only use one. And the motor will not move if he chooses a satellite that "is disabled".

Al

voomvoom said:
In his last line he wrote:
To me that is saying C-band is deactivated. Maybe I'm misinterpretting it. I think there should be 3 settings,(1)USALS,(2)Diseqc 1.2,(3)Disable. And you can only use one. And the motor will not move if he chooses a satellite that "is disabled".
Al

His post is very hard to follow, so I may be missing something. It read to me like he was saying the switch setting was set to none and the motor setting was set to USAL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts