Switch for Dish 622

losar

Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
I am going to subscribe dish, not going through dish or third party. I already got dish 622. I need a dish, I don't know which one to go for dish 1000 or dish 1000.2. What is the difference. I will be using 622 as a dual tuner. Will I need a special switch??

Thanks

You first will need to determine what programming and/or programming packages you will be viewing, and then you can determine which satellite locations you will need depending on your physical location:
Local Channels in SD - Mostly on 110 Spotbeams, but others as well.
Local Channels in HD - Probably on 110, 118.7, 129
Regular Programming - 119 and 110
HD Programming - 61.5 or 129
International Programming - Mostly on 61.5 or 148, or 121, or 118.7
Etc...

Then you can determine the dish or dishes you will need.
Once you know the locations and/or dish(es), then you can determine the switch.

In order to run a single cable to the 622, you will need to use DishPro Plus (DPP)technology with the ViP622 which is a DishPro Plus receiver. So you will need a DPP Separator and a DPP Switch (either external like the DPP44 or built-in like the DPP Twin).

The DPP Twin LNBF has a DPP Switch built in and can handle an extra LNBF provided it is a DishPro LNBF; which will give you 119 & 110, plus where ever the other dish is looking at.

The DPP 44 Switch can have 4 orbital locations hooked up to it, provided they are DishPro LNBF or SuperDish LNBF.

Dish 1000 - Will pick up 119, 110 and 129. If the 119/110 LNBF is a DPP Twin, then you will not need an external switch for those 3 satellite orbital locations. If the dual LNBF is a DP Twin, then an external switch will be needed: DPP44 for single cable run, or DP34 for 2 cable run to the 622.

Dish 1000.2 - Will also pick up 119, 110 and 129. If using the 1000.2 LNBF cluster, then no external switch is needed since it has a built-in switch (= DPP33).

losar, I would like to :welcome you to SatelliteGuys.

Also Smity did a good job of telling you what you need.

I would like to add though. I do not know where you got ur 622, but since it is mostly a leased receiver. If it is tied to someone elses lease account that didn't want it no more and gave it too you instead of sending back to Dish, like they were supposed to, you will have problems getting it activated.

Thanks guys, I am going after HD package with nashville locals which I know is on 129. I think best choice will probably be 1000.2.

Yes, I just put up (2) 1000.2 over the weekend. 129 incresed from 64 to 86 percent over the standard Dish 1000.

Hook up a receiver up to port 1, cover the two outside lnb's with foil to peak in, leaving the middle one (119) uncovered.

The only problem with my dish 1000.2 is that at the height of good alignment, I get in the 80s and 90s and at the lowest of alighnments I get in the low 70s and even a 65. THis causes some recordings made during this constant shifting to have reverbs and audio drop outs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)