Switch from Cable to Dish ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GRAYTech

Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
I'm a satellite newbie considering a switch from cable to a dish but which one and how? I currently don't have any satellite equipment. I do have RG6 headrun to a closet and 2 HDTV sets (1080p) and a number of standard def (NTSC) sets.

I'm looking at DishTv with their current HD DVR @ $6/month and would probably add one or two more standard receivers (via Ebay).

Should I be looking at the Dish500? Do I need anything special to "split" the sat signal for more than 2 receivers?

Is there an install PDF or link that "explains it all" ?

TIA.

Just call up Dish or DirecTV, whichever you choose. Basic equipment and installation is free. You may have to pay extra for some things...for example DirecTV's HD-DVR is $100 and any SD box after the 4th receiver is $70.

With Dish, you can get up to one HD-DVR and one HD receiver for free. These will also allow for SD on two TV's as the receivers have two tuners built in. If you wish to have two HD-DVR's, it's $100. Extra SD receivers beyond the fourth tuner are $70-$100 (don't recall offhand).

With DirecTV, be warned, you need two cables to a DVR. With Dish you can use one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts