Switch Help Needed (an easy one for those who know)

Shandley

Original poster
Jun 21, 2015
Pacific North West
Greetings to all!

I have been a bit of an experimentalist for many years on and off, mostly with the Dish/Bell equipment used on an old viewsat rec for FTA (real FTA, not the illegal stuff). I am also very fluent in structured cabling.

Recently, I have been given the opportunity to set up a sat system in a rural area. The problem I am having is finding the right equipment for the job, specifically the switch.

The owners of the property want to have each of the 8 TV locations to have the ability to run a dual tuner receiver (whether they actually use it or not). I suppose in that case I am looking for a way to do 16 outputs from a 2 dual LNB dish. I know I can use the SW44 x 2 with 4 high frequency splitters but I'm sure someone has put together an all-in-one switch that can do just that. There is no OTA or other TV services going in, as far as I know.

The good news is it's a new build and the walls are open... for 3 more days. I have run 2 quad RG6 cables to each receiver's location. An installer told me I could get away with 1 quad and use some sort of switch at the receiver end to split it back into two for the dual tuner.

Any help here would be great! Options and opinions are always good so fire away!

Thanks in advance,
Shandley

2 DPP44's and a single wire to each room. There is no switch at the receiver, it's called a separator and looks like a splitter. Google the DPP44 and make sure both are powered with the supplied power inserter to port #1. You were right, this is an easy one. :)

Thanks for the reply!
It kind of looks like the DPP44 is for 4 single LNBs. Should I run all 4 cables from the two dual-LNB heads to the switch input or just one from each LNB?

Thanks for the reply!
It kind of looks like the DPP44 is for 4 single LNBs. Should I run all 4 cables from the two dual-LNB heads to the switch input or just one from each LNB?

Just one from each LNB. Make sure the LNB's are at least DishPro (DP). DishProPlus (DPP) LNB's are what's recommended.

I have not done 2 of the DPP44s, but I have done a DPP 44 and a DPP33 for 7 TVs, it makes it easier since the DPP33 is not externally powered like the DPP 44. In theory you could split each LNB to a DPP44 and a DPP33 and then put a DPP33 on the DPP44 for 10 TVs 3 satellites. Then use the separators to handle 2 tuner receivers.

Of course you really should see if they would want a 2 hopper system....

We did a bed and breakfast a few weeks back with 3 DPP44's for 12 TV's. Put the power inserters at the same place the switches are and it all is working great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)