Switch location question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

huskerpat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Omaha, NE
I have a really stupid question. Where is the switch located? is it on my dish (1000.2) would it be inside where the installer ran the cables into the house? Or do I even have a switch? I currently have 2 recievers.

I'd like to run another line for a receiver for some testing I'll be doing.

If you have a 1000.2, you likely have the Integrated LNB to go with it. The switch is built into the LNB. The Integrated LNB has three outputs (up to six tuners, i.e. three dual tuners) and one input for a second dish if necessary. Adding a third receiver would be as easy as running a line from the third output port on your LNB to the new receiver location and running a check switch.

I have a really stupid question. Where is the switch located? is it on my dish (1000.2) would it be inside where the installer ran the cables into the house? Or do I even have a switch? I currently have 2 recievers.

I'd like to run another line for a receiver for some testing I'll be doing.
unless you havew more than three dual tuners or a combination of single and dual tuners totaling more than three, you don't have a switch.. The 1000.2 is dish pro plus and as such the switching is contained within the LNB

If you have a 1000.2, you likely have the Integrated LNB to go with it. The switch is built into the LNB. The Integrated LNB has three outputs (up to six tuners, i.e. three dual tuners) and one input for a second dish if necessary. Adding a third receiver would be as easy as running a line from the third output port on your LNB to the new receiver location and running a check switch.

Sigh, thanks. Not sure how brave I feel because that means I'd have to run a line from the roof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)