Switch Options for DPP Twin LNBF

JWC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2005
I used the Dish mover service and found out the hard way that they only pay for the basic installation. They wanted $100 to install a second dish to cover the 61.5 spot (even though I had coverage for all three satellites at my old location) so I just swallowed hard and said I would move my old D300 dish myself and plug it into the "input" connector on the DPP twin. I know I need to get a different LNB because my old set up was legacy LNBs. Since I "only" had two receivers (811 and 6000), they simply connected each to a set of 4 cables I had run for expansion using a DP34 or DPP44 architecture. This is history and I am trying to understand/accept their business decision.

What I want to do is to accomplish my original architecture with DP34 switches instead of DP44. I have 9 drops in the house and intended to move a new receiver/Tv on a cart to where I wanted to use the 3rd set. Since I ran 4 runs (from the dish location(s) to a central space in my attic and the 9 drops from wall outlets to the same location, I am trying to see if it is possible to use DP34s instead of DPP44 (because of cost). I am getting conflicting information as to whether the DPP twin is compatible with the DP34 and if not I can figure out the economics of changing the DPP twin with a DP twin (or other type). What do you recommend. I don't think I will be needing 4 satellites and that three will do. I miss some of the channels on the 61.5 shot and would simply redirect that satellite to 129 or wherever they put the HD expansion chanells. What LNB should I get for the D300?...a DPP, DP single, DP dual that makes a practical expansion at a reasonable up front cost.

Thanks, Im not cheap or frugle...only trying to avoid a high up front cost...if indeed I am not making a mistake with limiting myself to three satellites. I am mostly interested in HD channel expansion options...including future locals in HD.

if you have any local channels at the 61.5 slot, dish HAS to install that as a Must Carry dish, for FREE, no installation charges or whatever.... FCC says so

You can use a DP34 switch with a DDP Twin by connecting the 119 and 110 to the 1 and 2 ports on your switch and it will act as a DP Twin this will disable the input port on the DPP Twin and you will run one line from your 61.5 DP Dual to port 3 on the DP34 switch. Or you can just run a line from 61.5 DP Dual to the input on you DPP Twin and not use the 34 switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)