Switch or receiver

blackimpala

Original poster
May 14, 2007
OK new guy here so be gentle. I have an older sys. echostar Mod. 3900 w/Dish 500 duel LNBs Sat. 110&119. At times I get 110 for a whale then it freezes or goes away. At other times it will not work at all. I can hook the 110 lnb drirectly to the receiver and it works great. So I thought bad switch, only now it must be three bad switches, I am on my third and nothing has changed. OK are the sw's going bad or is the receiver eather, blowing them out or not switching it? Is there a way to test the switch and receiver. I am not electronicly gifted so try to talk down to me. Thank you for any help you can give me.

when you do check switch at ( menu 6,1,1) what does it tell you, and have you tried tracing all cables for damages also check all ends since your system is that old

welcome

After the test it says I have fewer sats.
Input 1 1 1 1 2 2
119 119 110 110 X X
odd even odd even X X
Not sure about updates I got the yellow card about a year ago and activated it.
How do I get updates?

call csr to make sure there is update for your receiver. if they do. just go to sys info screen by pressing. menu 6,1,3. and after everything gets done loading press power button on the receiver. it should come back up with downloading information.

also make sure there is no water damage to your outside connector, since your system is old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)