Switch Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
I have a few DVR's I want to make dual around here, but Im flat out of places to put anymore connections.

Can anyone tell me if I can run another switch off of the one I have now? If so is it that easy, or is it as difficult as Dish makes it??

In other words can I run another switch straight from the switch I have now?

You have a few options here.

1) You can cascade your switch, so that 4 outputs from the first feed into the second. This will give you 12 outputs total.

2) You can split the four lines going into the switch before the switch, provided that each leg feeds to the same port on both switches (IE. 13VDC to 13VDC, 18 VDC to 18VDC, 13VDC/22kHz to 13VDC/22kHz, etc...) This gets you up to 16 outputs using two 4x8 MS

3) You can install another dish and multiswitch to feed the additional equipment.

4) You can buy a bigger multiswitch.

You have a few options here.

1) You can cascade your switch, so that 4 outputs from the first feed into the second. This will give you 12 outputs total.

2) You can split the four lines going into the switch before the switch, provided that each leg feeds to the same port on both switches (IE. 13VDC to 13VDC, 18 VDC to 18VDC, 13VDC/22kHz to 13VDC/22kHz, etc...) This gets you up to 16 outputs using two 4x8 MS

3) You can install another dish and multiswitch to feed the additional equipment.

4) You can buy a bigger multiswitch.

Thanks for getting back to me.
It appears the quicker and cheaper thing to do may be Cascade, Is that difficult?

Nope. Just run four outlets from the original switch to the inputs of the second one, and another power supply line if needed.

So I would just have to make sure I use the first 4 from the switch then or does it not matter which numbered output slots I use?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts