Installed Switch : DP-Twin

Input : 1 | 2
Satellite : Conn | Conn
Polarity : X | X
Device : Twin | Twin

When I go into the details I see

LNB Status : Direct Connect to a DP-Twin
DP-Twin 1 Good Connection, No Signal

I recently moved my Dish 500 satellite due to only 119 getting a signal and not 110. Well when I moved the satellite I couldnt get anything from 110 OR 119 so I moved it back to the original spot and now it wont even get a signal with 119. The past year and a half it has worked fine in it's original spot with no problems. All of the sudden 110 got knocked out and now 119 is not getting any signal. I got a new switch and all to TRY and fix the problem, but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated. I want to watch TV. =o(

Thanks!

Suck it up and call a retailer to fix it. It will take him 10 minutes to realign the dish correctly instead of it ruining a whole weekend for you to play around with.

you are out of alignment... and it cant just be back kind of where it was before. It has to be EXACTLY where it was before.
Probably better off finding a local retailer to come out and do it in a few minutes, and save your self a weekend of frustration

Well I got a compass and aligned it back to where it should be and im getting both 119 and 110. Anyway, thanks for the help and hail to the Redskins.

c'mon guys it is not too hard to point a dish. Besides now he knows how to do it in the future.

kudos to him for getting it... but i do a TON of service calls for guys that spend days or weeks trying to line up the satellite, and get all aggrevated doing it.

If you can do it, good for you.. if not, call someone who can

Well I got a compass and aligned it back to where it should be and im getting both 119 and 110.
A compass isn't good enough for a fine tune. For that, you need to go to the "Point Dish" menu and dial it in. Before you do that, you need to use a trusted level to insure that the mast is absolutely vertical at points 90 degrees apart. The difference between working and not working is so small as to not be detectable with a compass.

Make sure you check your LNB feedhorn covers for moisture. If you see condensation through the plastic, replace the LNB assembly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)