Switch to Dish Advice

OswegoScott

Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
I am getting ready to place an Order for Dish Network and was wondering if I should wait a few days for the 211. Will their be a rush of customers ordering the the 211 once it is available which will delay my install date? Once Dish announces the 211, how soon until the local installers receive the equipment?

I called Dish today and the sales rep I spoke with was not aware of the 211. I figured they would know something since it was posted on the tech forum. Nor did he know anything about HD locals.

Scott

I think the 411 is going to be released first in a few days. I'm not sure but I think they are wanting to get the 411's out first and then the 211's which are identical except for the ethernet input on the back of the 211 for the VIP feature. If you don't have a broadband connection there is no point in getting the 211. I would wait until they start releasing the 411/211 until I placed a install date instead of doing it now and getting a 811. I wouldn't think that if you waited until the release of the new receivers that it would postpone your install. I would think that there will be enough of these receivers available that there won't be a shortage. This is all speculation so don't hold this to me. I'm sure others will chime in with some more info. Hope this helps.

Right now, the ONLY way of being sure to get a 211/411 is to talk with a local retailer and emphasize your desire.

As soon as they are available to him, he'll accomodate you.

Besides quality of install, THAT'S the difference between E*/DNSC and the local guy!

OswegoScott said:
I am getting ready to place an Order for Dish Network and was wondering if I should wait a few days for the 211. Will their be a rush of customers ordering the the 211 once it is available which will delay my install date? Once Dish announces the 211, how soon until the local installers receive the equipment?
I called Dish today and the sales rep I spoke with was not aware of the 211. I figured they would know something since it was posted on the tech forum. Nor did he know anything about HD locals.
Scott

If the new subscriber deal isn't miles better than the retail price ($369 for a 411 while DirecTV H20's are free after rebate) you might want to rethink your choice or consider leasing.

GeorgeLV said:
If the new subscriber deal isn't miles better than the retail price ($369 for a 411 while DirecTV H20's are free after rebate) you might want to rethink your choice or consider leasing.
ALL "New Subscriber" deals are for leases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts