Switched after 12 years

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes I thought that was a plus when I was with DirecTV.Imagine my surprise when I tried to view a game that was being played only to find it blacked out and told to view the games that are being played I need to purchase MLB Extra Innings?.:rant::mad:
well being in California (according to your profile location)_ what would you expect?
Hence the reason they're called "out of market sports packages" ;)

Bad reasons would be:

Installer brings no HR24s to install only older HR2xs that are refurbished and slower to operate.:eek:

After your"special deals" ends you find it's alot more expensive with DirecTV than Dishnetwork for programming.:eek:

When you replace a receiver you find out later your under a "new" 24 month contract.:eek:

That's a few.;)
So if the installer brings only older HR2xs like mine did I just told i would like the newer one's and he just called up his warehouse and they delivered 2 new one's before he was done with the installation.
When my "special deal" ends I will be paying a big $3.00 more per month but that includes the YES network,Versus and ALL of my RSN's in fulltime HD and not this "lite" HD that Dish has. To get Versus with Dish I would have to spend an extra $ 10 a month to upgrade so basically I would be paying $7.00 more a month to be with Dish when my deal ends.
If you replace a receiver with Dish you get a "new" 24 month contract unless you buy your own receiver or the receiver is damaged.

Only upgrade

So if the installer brings only older HR2xs like mine did I just told i would like the newer one's and he just called up his warehouse and they delivered 2 new one's before he was done with the installation.
When my "special deal" ends I will be paying a big $3.00 more per month but that includes the YES network,Versus and ALL of my RSN's in fulltime HD and not this "lite" HD that Dish has. To get Versus with Dish I would have to spend an extra $ 10 a month to upgrade so basically I would be paying $7.00 more a month to be with Dish when my deal ends.
If you replace a receiver with Dish you get a "new" 24 month contract unless you buy your own receiver or the receiver is damaged.

If you just replace a unit it isn't an extension of the contract. If you upgrade to a newer & better model then it is extended. Have been there & done both.

well being in California (according to your profile location)_ what would you expect?
Hence the reason they're called "out of market sports packages" ;)

I would expect to be able watch the Yankees games as their being played otherwise what good is done by giving me access to the Yes network when I had DirecTV? it's actually only good if your in their regional area so they should not allow access to that channel unless your in their regional area period.But they allow it as a draw, a shill as it were to bring it subscribers to MLB Extra Innings.

That's it in a nutshell with DirecTV or Dishnetwork sports have been spoiled for me because of the crap they practice all in the interest for the almightly dollar.There are however other regional networks on both that you cannot access at all because your not in their area.That's my take on sports as I see it,and how it should be and why sports are not really that important to me anymore no matter which service I have Dishnetwork or DirecTV or whoever.

YES is a NY RSN,
Just the same as FSN Bay Area is a California RSN.

That means if you don't live in NY or the NY RSN DMA ,then your OUT of Market.

If you Subscribe to MLB EI Which is an OUT of Market Sports pack people in California can watch Yankee games

sorry but its not D* or E* who makes up the rules. Its the leagues who enforce the blackout rules....in most cases

There are some cases where if you have one provider you can see a neighboring team versus another provider who says no. Here is an example
Northeastern Minnesota is claimed by both the Twins and Brewers. On both systems you get FSN North for the Twins games. Directv paid more to allow the Brewers games to be shown in NE Minnesota (as the Brewers claim that area) so they show up on FSN Wisconsin (an RSN alt channel). DIsh didnt so Brewers folks in Duluth and NE Minnesota are blacked out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)