Switched mounted on back of dish???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

danwolf101

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Hello Forum.My question is the switch which I think is the silver box is mounted on the back of my super dish 500 with zip ties.I am no installer but I have noticed on other dish's mounted on roof tops that there is not silver box's tied to the back of other dishes.Should this box be mounted in some other location.If need be I can post some picks tomorrow for viewing.Beyond that I have very problems with the system itself.One DR 625 and another smaller receiver with the duel turner.Thanks

I've seen installers put the switch on the pole with the dish, on the side of the house, and a couple inside.

The physical location of the switch should not matter much.

Its how the switch is mounted that is the big issue and if the connections are sealed. However dish does require that all switches be installed after the grounding blocks and not before as is still commonly done by most technicians.

As long as the sat ports 1- 4 are horizontal and the connections are tight and they used compression fittings then it should be ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)