Switched to D? Are you losing channels now too??

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
noticed today a few channels are stating D* will lose them if negotiations are not met. Seems it does not matter who you have as a provider--- everyone who thought this would happen was right on the money(+1). Wonder how many people wish they would have stayed put, because it looks likes this is just going to keep getting worse and it won't matter what provider you have.

"Carriage agreement must be met by 1p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 25"

Nothing new there. The locals CBS station WBTV is currently running a crawl about the negotiations with Directv being ongoing. I don't know if they are carrying the station or not but the contract expired on 12/31.

Its got to be a local in local spat. Nationally Directv is rock solid when it comes to their national deals other than G4 wich is obvious that that one isnt coming back. Nore have I really missed it.

Yes I would like to know which channels they are talking about. Other then the a few local channel agreements no national channels are the air except G4 and that was a dispute we kicked them to the curb DTV simply did not want to have G4 any more.

Yes I would like to know which channels they are talking about. Other then the a few local channel agreements no national channels are the air except G4 and that was a dispute we kicked them to the curb DTV simply did not want to have G4 any more.

Well last night I saw a crawl on local FOX channel 19 which said the same about D*.

well i know im not, dish didnt and still doesnt cary my locals, d* on the other hand got them a month after i signed up, so im good for at least a year

DirecTV seems more willing to pass along added costs to customers and avoid prolonged channel blackouts. (Versus was an exception; that was a test battle with Comcast; and ratings for G4 must have been so poor that they didn't care if they lost it.) DISH on the other hand seems to play brinskmanship with every single carriage dispute. And while they may win their share of favorable agreements (or so we are led to believe by their propaganda), it's not the best for the customer, who is left wondering.

The Raycom owned stations are set to be turned off if D* and Raycom do not come to an agreement.
i live in the CLT DMA. the WBTV CH3 has been running a crawl notifying D* subs that negotiations are ongoing.
It seems every other day we see more stories about retrans fights.
IMO it's only going to get worse with the Comcast/NBCU merger.
In my view, Comcast is hostile to satellite providers and subscribers. I see no reason to believe Comcast/NBCU will not fight to keep their programming from satellite consumers. This is going to get real ugly.
What are your thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts