Switched to Suddenlink the other day...

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I switched from Dish to Suddenlink and have been fairly happy with the service. The first tech to come out just installed the HD DVR with no explanation or anything. The next day, I took the box back to the local office and planned for a disconnect. Then, I had a change of heart as Suddenlink offers more local channels with a combination of 3 different markets here! Dish only gave one! Plus, Dish doesn't offer the different Cinemax channels Suddenlink does here. Suddenlink didnt put me in a contract, the HD DVR is included in the price and the second tech to come out taught me just about everything I need to know about the service. I had been with Dish for about 13 years and moved recently and ran into problem after problem with them! So, I guess what I am trying to say is that sometimes the grass IS greener on the other side of the fence! Very satisfied with Suddenlink so far. I live in Ohio near the West Virginia border.--:popcorn

We have Suddenlink for cable internet service only. We had their cable service but was not happy with the high cost of it which is why we have DISH. I'm glad they came through for you the second time around!

My condolences to you both. I've had them for a while and I have to call and report a problem at least 25 times a month. Recently upgraded and was told our bill would go up $1.29 if we subscribed to a "package" Wrong. They took the $4.99 safeguard off without our permission and my bill is about $12 more now. I'd drop suddenlink if the phone company would bring DSL where I live. But, it looks like I'm stuck forever.

Last edited:
Frontier is expanding rapidly around here. Suddenlink has the best broadband in this area hands down but if you do not do a lot of video then Frontier will work fine if your area just got DSL the past few years since the new areas lit up at 5-6 MB.

Frontier is expanding rapidly around here. Suddenlink has the best broadband in this area hands down but if you do not do a lot of video then Frontier will work fine if your area just got DSL the past few years since the new areas lit up at 5-6 MB.

When its on it is super fast. If they would repair the lines where I live I think that would fix most of the problems. Satellite internet is my only other option but the download limit is super low. Frontier's is 5 Gig's and Wild Blue is 7.5 for about $50 a month. Suddenlink is I think without cable tv about $59 for 150 Gig's. Frontier told me when I called they are expanding but didn't give me a time frame of when DSL will be here. I believe they said the speed is increasing to the 12's so that will be close to 15's that I have with Suddenlink. More than likely I will keep both Suddenlink and DSL in case one goes offine. :)

I've been with Suddenlink for internet since they brought out CeBridge which brought out Classicnet. I've had a classicnet.net e-mail account since sometime in the '90s. Did Cable TV with them for a while but I'm back with DISH for now due to the cost and number of HD channels they offer that Suddenlink doesn't have in my area. I noticed that someone is stringing fiber in town. Not sure if it's Suddenlink or not, but if it is I might have to look into doing Cable TV with them again.

When its on it is super fast. If they would repair the lines where I live I think that would fix most of the problems. Satellite internet is my only other option but the download limit is super low. Frontier's is 5 Gig's and Wild Blue is 7.5 for about $50 a month. Suddenlink is I think without cable tv about $59 for 150 Gig's. Frontier told me when I called they are expanding but didn't give me a time frame of when DSL will be here. I believe they said the speed is increasing to the 12's so that will be close to 15's that I have with Suddenlink. More than likely I will keep both Suddenlink and DSL in case one goes offine. :)

Frontier does not have a 5 GB cap, they have no cap at all. They were going to implement one a little while back.

The cap Suddenlink has is based on your internet speed you choose. We have 15/2 (I think; they upgraded all the speeds a few months back) and we have a cap of 250GB. With a cable modem rental which we will buy our own once we move soon our bill is with taxes $48 a month.

You're complaining about the tech not educating you on a dvr, really? Suddenlink has a basic dvr that can be self talk within minutes. Not much to it.

Maybe I didn't make myself completely clear. The tech that came out did NOTHING except connect the service at the pole and install the HD DVR. When I asked for a channel line up I was told to "go online." And I felt like if Suddenlink really wants my business, then their tech's would make at least a five minute effort to help a BRAND NEW customer! 'Nuff said!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts