switches 3lnbs 2 dishes 2 cables help please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

laseradam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2006
Goshen, OH
I have two dishes with a total of 3 lnbs. What I would like to do is have one switch out at the at the big dish under the lnb cover to switch between c and ku bands. One cable comes from this dish into the basement. I have another dish which also has one cable into the basement. Where the two cables meet I would like to have another switch. All of this controlled by one receiver. Can I do it? Or do I go to the trouble of running another cable underground out to the big dish?

Always BEST to run an independant cable!

What kind of dish has two LNB's? We need to know what kind of switch is already in use!

The dish with the two lnbs is the c-band dish. It has an Eagle Aspen c/KU lnb that has no switch built in. It has two f- connectors, one for each band. What i wanted to do was to put one switch at the dish to switch between the C and KU bands so I wouldn't have to run another cable to the big dish. I had only been using the C-band output of the lnb to watch PBS C-band but I switched it to AMC3 to watch Digital PBS on KU band

If c/ku was installed previously: input cable should have wires for mover, control wires for h/v switch and 2 coaxial cables one for c band and one for ku. Or does dish cband lnbf and ku lnbf?

If both c/ku have lnbfs then use 22khz(Dish Network) switch to control Big dish. Run two wires to DiSEqC switch. If lnbs are not lnbfs then you have no way to switch h/v.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)