switching between dishes

tbbellville@yahoo.com

Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
Texas
I have a dish 500 and I put my receiver on a dish 1000 and the channels were different. I thought the channels you receive are programed on the receiver it self. If you stay on a channel that the 1000 doesnt pick up it shuts of the box and it starts trying to find the signal and then goes to a channel it can get. Will this hurt the receiver for me to switch it back and forth between two different dishes. The ID location changes too. Can dish tell if that receiver is being used on another dish besides the one it is supposed to be on? The receiver has not be hooked to a phone line since 07-2005. I would appreciate some help because I am trying to learn some of this stuff. I dont want to change any programing in the receiver just want to kniow some of what can happen switching it back and forth

Your receiver is set to a 500 dish. When you connect it to a 1000 dish you will need to reset the receiver. Go to the setup menu and change the dish setting as well as a switch check. You will need to do it again when or if you connect it to the 500 dish.

yup, you just need to run a "check switch" everytime you move it... this lets the receiver figure out what kind of switchs and lnb's it is working with, and what satellites it should be picking up

You don't need to change any settings. Just run the check switch and you'll be all set.

sorry, I didn't word that right. Just do a switch check and the receiver will reset to the new dish. If you encounter problems, do a switch check without the sat line connected. That will clear the memory. Then reconnect the sat line and run the switch check again. Hope this helps.

I did what you said and it worked perfect. It now says dish 1000. I really do appreciate you guys helping me. You all are very smart and I hope I learn a lot from you. Thanks again:) :) :) :hatsoff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)