Switching between Single & Dual Mode using your remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Some incompetent project manager at Dish decided. "They" don't need to switch modes with the remote, why would they need to do that?

You are correct that you can accomplish similar functions with your suggestion, but I don’t think it would be very practical.
Actually it's very practical, I use an identical setup every day.

1) You would have to constantly move TV1 remote from room to room. Both remotes, TV1 and TV2 will look identical but perform totally differently. In addition, as you said, you have to purchase a new UHF remote.
No need to move remotes, yes I have a TV1 remote and a TV2 remote in every room where there's a TV. Extras are very cheap on ebay. TV1 is IR in the room where the receiver is, and UHF everywhere else. TV1 is green and TV2 is blue so you can tell them apart easily.

2) To operate TV2 you will have to use both remotes. TV2 remote for TV on/off, volume control and input switching, and TV1 remote for channel surfing, etc. It would be very confusing.
No, just program both of them identically to control the TV and other devices. The only potentially confusing part would be deciding which one of them to pick up when you walk in the room.

With my suggestion, all you have to do is switch Modes. Maybe Dish can still add the Mode function to the remote in a future software update. However, I would not hold my breath.
Actually, you still have to decide which input to use on the TV. Still a good suggestion, I won't be holding my breath either, we'd both be likely to pass out.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)