Switching dish set up swim to non swim??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sodly

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Las Vegas USA (retired)
HR24 IRD house set up for swm
Motorhome is not
Both are Sl3 lnb's (i-swm 1Non swm)
Have read that it is hard to change dish set up from swm to multiswitch after being set to swim
Is this true?
Is there a workaround ?
Any info appreciated
Thx Don

Last edited:
:welcome to Satelliteguys!

It shouldn't be difficult. Just go to the setup screen and choose which type of lnb you have.

You may have to reboot when going from swm to non swm. The other way should be automatically detected.

Make sure you are connected to the NON Swm set up when you reboot or it will automatically detect the SWM set up.

Go into the Menus, do a Repeat Sat Set Up, make your setting change in this section.

I wish you the very best switching back and forth. My son-in-law recently had a "mover' installation and he wanted to keep the recordings on his DVR. The installer tried everything he could think of and finally replaced his HR23 with a new HR24 as the only way to make the transition from a standard system to a SWM setup.

Being new to D* I purchased a SWM LNB for my motor-home setup to match my home setup. I just take the bedroom receiver (HR24) when we are on the road and have not had any problems with the transition. I never really realized how much easier I was making it for myself.

Been there done that. Multiswitch to SWM is automatic, plug 'n play. SWM to Multiswitch is a bear. Doable but the box is sometimes stubborn and it doesn't take. I am guessing SWM LNB's tell the box what they are while Multiswitch ones don't.

Easy fix is $30 on eBay and go SWM all the way.

You have all winter to shop. eBay is a good place to start. All you need is a SWM SL3 and a PI. No splitter needed with one receiver although the kits include them. ODU to dish and IRD to receiver. Don't lose these secret decder instructions.

Like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-IN-BOX-DIRECTV-SWM-3-LNB-W-POWER-INSERTER-8-WAY-SPLITTER-SL3S4NR3-01-/330811617716?pt=US_Satellite_LNB_Downconverters&hash=item4d05e8b1b4

Schematic:

http://forums.directv.com/pe/RepositoryFileDownloadServlet/10741786/SWMDECA[8].jpg

Remember NO splitter for just one box.

I wish you the very best switching back and forth. My son-in-law recently had a "mover' installation and he wanted to keep the recordings on his DVR. The installer tried everything he could think of and finally replaced his HR23 with a new HR24 as the only way to make the transition from a standard system to a SWM setup.

Being new to D* I purchased a SWM LNB for my motor-home setup to match my home setup. I just take the bedroom receiver (HR24) when we are on the road and have not had any problems with the transition. I never really realized how much easier I was making it for myself.

This is how I deal with mine as well, makes it much easier when your using the same equipment in both locations.

I don't think the box makes a difference so long as it is SWM compatible. I use an HR20-100 with SWM w/0 problem. Great road box as it tunes and records OTA programming. Easy to swap in a larger drive too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)