Switching DVR's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HB Lawn

Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
Hello Everyone,

I am a new DT customer, about one month old, and I think I screwed up when I ordered my system and I'd like to get it fixed the right way.

Anyway this is my story. I placed my order over the internet. I have a 42 plasma TV, so I ordered the H20 HD receiver and a R15 DVR, (I now know this was the wrong thing to do). I also got a plain receiver for my regular TV (wife's TV).

I now understand that I don't need to have a stand alone receiver and a stand alone dvr. What I needed to buy was a HD DVR receiver. Well that's what I'm about to do. I'm going to Best Buy and pick up the HD DVR today. My question is can I install this HD DVr by myself or do I need to someone come out and do it?
Also what can I do with the other receivers? Sell them on ebay? Return them to DT? How can I use the R15 on my other TV, only one line going out to this TV?

I have the latest DT HD dish, just for info.

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

You should be able to install the HR20 yourself, as long as you have two satellite cables available. If not you will need to have another one ran. The cost of paying someone to do it vs buying the tools and hardware to do it yourself will probably be about the same. You must return the R15 and the H20 to DirecTV. You can call them and schedule for someone to come and pick them up. Read the yellow paper you signed when you got service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts