Switching from Directv to COMCAST!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ATT sent me an email for U-Verse only to tell me that it's not available in my area(shocker). C'mon man,what was the intelligence in sending advertisements for services you don't have available in my city(& never going to provide)?

Just wanted to put a BIG plug in for Earthlink: If anyone has D* or E* and is getting their cable internet through the cable company and paying a "No TV Fee" (in Comcast's case here it's $13), go to Earthlink and order your cable internet through them. The "No TV Fee" immediately goes away. The only thing that changes is you get an Earthlink e-mail--I did this for years since I didn't want Qwest's crappy DSL, nor wanted to give Comcast an extra $13 bucks a month for the honor of not having TV.

IIRC it's a government mandate thing that the cable companies have to let another provider on their lines--and in pretty much all of these cases, Earthlink swooped in and picked up that right. The cable company even has to be the B*** and do the billing for Earthlink. It's great.

Note: The website "says" it's 6-8 meg service--but I was getting (until I switched to Comcast proper when I got the TV bundled in in November), and my friends on Earthlink still are--getting 25+ meg service. I just don't think they've ever updated the website since it has says 6-8 meg service since Comcast also said 6-8 meg service in this area as well.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I know they are on Comcast, Time Warner, Brighthouse, Charter and a few other big ones.
--Nat

NGeorge said:
Just wanted to put a BIG plug in for Earthlink: If anyone has D* or E* and is getting their cable internet through the cable company and paying a "No TV Fee" (in Comcast's case here it's $13), go to Earthlink and order your cable internet through them. The "No TV Fee" immediately goes away. The only thing that changes is you get an Earthlink e-mail--I did this for years since I didn't want Qwest's crappy DSL, nor wanted to give Comcast an extra $13 bucks a month for the honor of not having TV.

IIRC it's a government mandate thing that the cable companies have to let another provider on their lines--and in pretty much all of these cases, Earthlink swooped in and picked up that right. The cable company even has to be the B*** and do the billing for Earthlink. It's great.

Note: The website "says" it's 6-8 meg service--but I was getting (until I switched to Comcast proper when I got the TV bundled in in November), and my friends on Earthlink still are--getting 25+ meg service. I just don't think they've ever updated the website since it has says 6-8 meg service since Comcast also said 6-8 meg service in this area as well.

Just thought I'd throw that out there. I know they are on Comcast, Time Warner, Brighthouse, Charter and a few other big ones.
--Nat

There is no mandate that cable companies offer other companies access to their lines.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts