Switching from DirecTV to Dish this weekend - excited!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There was just one disappointment with the install: The tech was unable to get the TV1 remote operational via the UHF signal instead of the IR. We had the right remote and pressed the right buttons, but the receiver would not change. He even swapped out the 722k with a 722 and it made no difference. A manager is coming out tomorrow, but I'm not too optimistic.

If the cable is RG6 and rated at 3Ghz, they should reuse it. I would insist.

According to Dish only approved cable, fittings and other parts can be used. If the cable says DirecTV or Perfect Vision on it then it's definitely not on the approved list.

There was just one disappointment with the install: The tech was unable to get the TV1 remote operational via the UHF signal instead of the IR. We had the right remote and pressed the right buttons, but the receiver would not change. He even swapped out the 722k with a 722 and it made no difference. A manager is coming out tomorrow, but I'm not too optimistic.

Your installer obviously did no know that the TV1 remote (20.0) is IR ONLY. You will need to get another 21.0 remote (which is what TV2 is) to control it via UHF.

EDIT (new info via PM)

If indeed you have the 21.0 remote, check the following:

1. Be sure toggle switch in battery compartment is set to IR/UHF.

2. Tab at bottom of remote is flipped to "1"

3. Enter a remote address different than your TV2 remote. My addresses are 5 (for UHF tv1) and 1 (for tv2).

Last edited:
It appears that when the switch is set to UHF, no IR signal is sent from the TV1 remote at all. That's a problem when the receiver will only recognize an IR signal from remote 1.

It appears that when the switch is set to UHF, no IR signal is sent from the TV1 remote at all. That's a problem when the receiver will only recognize an IR signal from remote 1.
Well, Yes. All other components will receive IR. It will work...just need to get you or the installer up to speed. Your receiver only comes with one 21.0 out of the box, so I will SWEAR you do not have the right remote for what you want to do. Done what I can do.

Thanks for all the help! Zach directed me to the guide that made it all click in my head, though I needed to add my own step (switching the remote from IR to UHF before programming a channel). I guess my mistake was assuming the installer knew what he was doing. I'm good to go! Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)