Switching from Directv to Dish

jasnhrpr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Charleston, WV
Hi all, I've had Directv for years but my ISP offers bundled tv service thru Dish. I wanted to save some money, so I have it set to be installed on Monday. I'm getting the Top 250, a Hopper with sling, and a Joey for my second TV. Anything that I need to know prior to installation that I should look out for? Thanks!

What are your main points for your tv viewings experience. If just an average viewer then you are all set. If a football fan, then you gotta watch out for blackouts or games in your area(same applies for sports in general). Just need a little more detail for what you are expecting.

Will you be able to get an ethernet cable from your modem/router to the Hopper? If not, do you have a decent wireless signal at that location?

What are your main points for your tv viewings experience. If just an average viewer then you are all set. If a football fan, then you gotta watch out for blackouts or games in your area(same applies for sports in general). Just need a little more detail for what you are expecting.
I am a football fan, but I live in WV, so we do not have any local pro sports teams, so I don't think blackouts apply to me.

Will you be able to get an ethernet cable from your modem/router to the Hopper? If not, do you have a decent wireless signal at that location?
I could run an ethernet cable to the Hopper but was hoping just to connect thru the wireless signal. I do have a good wireless signal there, so should I be ok?

I could run an ethernet cable to the Hopper but was hoping just to connect thru the wireless signal. I do have a good wireless signal there, so should I be ok?
Simple rule...Wired is always better than wireless. If you can run a cable, I would.

Reactions: thomasjk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts