Switching from dish to direct tv. How exactly do I go about it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is not. Sirius / XM was dropped by DirecTV years ago. You get Sonic Crap which is worse than no music channels at all. Switch to Spotify.

I have a question for the OP. Why are you only able to watch the Bengles half the time? Are the games blacked out because of attendance? Are you in a DMA that gets games of another NFL team each week? If your DMA's home team is the Bengles, you will not be able to watch them on Sunday Ticket at all. Your home team's games can only be watched on your local channels. You might know this already, but I didn't see anyone else mention that to you.

You an also subscribe to Sirius XM internet listening and buy a streaming internet radio and hook it up to your home theater receiver. If you already have Sirius XM service in your car, the internet listening can be free, depending on your current package with them.

For Sirius/XM if it's only the music portion you want I would suggest (as others have before ) switching to Pandora, Spotify, Google Music or some other Internet streaming service. I used to be a loyal Sirius subscriber some years back till these internet services became available. Sirius has now gotten way too expensive & obsolete with really bad sound quality compared to the streaming services. I've gotten it free with a recent purchase of a car & I still prefer to use my paid streaming service over it. Most everything outside of music I used to listen to on Sirius I can find for free to stream or download on the Internet. Sirius/XM is way past it's prime & I would suggest creating a Pandora account, if you don't already have one, & utilize the app on the Genie you'll be getting, that way you won't miss XM one bit.

I use pandora a lot, there just one channel on XM that I really enjoy. I refuse to pay for the service separately just for that channel, but it's really nice to have! Guess i'm SOL on that part!

For Sirius/XM if it's only the music portion you want I would suggest (as others have before ) switching to Pandora, Spotify, Google Music or some other Internet streaming service. I used to be a loyal Sirius subscriber some years back till these internet services became available. Sirius has now gotten way too expensive & obsolete with really bad sound quality compared to the streaming services. I've gotten it free with a recent purchase of a car & I still prefer to use my paid streaming service over it. Most everything outside of music I used to listen to on Sirius I can find for free to stream or download on the Internet. Sirius/XM is way past it's prime & I would suggest creating a Pandora account, if you don't already have one, & utilize the app on the Genie you'll be getting, that way you won't miss XM one bit.
I'm surprised that more of these type of services are not built I to your newer cars so you don't have to fiddle around with your cell phone while driving.
I know I can get my phone synced thru the radio to listen as well, but to change stations, songs ect, I have to get on my phone.
The whole idea of the Hands Free in my car is to be Hands Free.

I'm surprised that more of these type of services are not built I to your newer cars so you don't have to fiddle around with your cell phone while driving.
I know I can get my phone synced thru the radio to listen as well, but to change stations, songs ect, I have to get on my phone.
The whole idea of the Hands Free in my car is to be Hands Free.
I totally agree. I got my car with the Ford Sync system which allows me to do a lot hands free but I still have to handle the phone to start up an app. The new Sync system coming in the 2016 Fords will be better & I think Apple & Google have some car audio solutions that the auto industry is slowly adapting.

I use pandora a lot, there just one channel on XM that I really enjoy. I refuse to pay for the service separately just for that channel, but it's really nice to have! Guess i'm SOL on that part!
I guess I should clarify a little. DirecTV does have music channels with decent content. But the sound quality is terrible. However, I've also heard the same horrible quality on satellite radio. So if you don't mind it, Sonic Crap may work. You'll just have to try it for yourself.

The thing I like about Spotify is you can play any song, artist or album you want anytime. You're not stuck with Pandora's limitations or ads. And unlike Sonic Crap, the quality is excellent.

I totally agree. I got my car with the Ford Sync system which allows me to do a lot hands free but I still have to handle the phone to start up an app. The new Sync system coming in the 2016 Fords will be better & I think Apple & Google have some car audio solutions that the auto industry is slowly adapting.
Hopefully it's somethingthat can be brought to other Sync systems thru an update ...
I've got the Sync with my '13 Fusion Titanium.

I guess I should clarify a little. DirecTV does have music channels with decent content. But the sound quality is terrible. However, I've also heard the same horrible quality on satellite radio. So if you don't mind it, Sonic Crap may work. You'll just have to try it for yourself.

The thing I like about Spotify is you can play any song, artist or album you want anytime. You're not stuck with Pandora's limitations or ads. And unlike Sonic Crap, the quality is excellent.
Is Spotify free ?

Hopefully it's somethingthat can be brought to other Sync systems thru an update ...
I've got the Sync with my '13 Fusion Titanium.
Unfortunately, I've heard the radios we have now in our Fords are limited hardware wise & the new Sync 3 systems are based on Blackberrys car audio system so no major update for us. By the way I have the 14 Fusion 1.5 with the luxury package. ...love it, but I leased for one of the same reasons, obsolescence of the technology in the car. The same reason that attracted me to the car, the infotainment & technology, is the same concerns I have for keeping the car for more than 3 years. I already have my eye on the new Edge, it's gorgeous, based on the same Fusion build & will have the new Sync system by the time I turn in my Fusion.

Unfortunately, I've heard the radios we have now in our Fords are limited hardware wise & the new Sync 3 systems are based on Blackberrys car audio system so no major update for us. By the way I have the 14 Fusion 1.5 with the luxury package. ...love it, but I leased for one of the same reasons, obsolescence of the technology in the car. The same reason that attracted me to the car, the infotainment & technology, is the same concerns I have for keeping the car for more than 3 years. I already have my eye on the new Edge, it's gorgeous, based on the same Fusion build & will have the new Sync system by the time I turn in my Fusion.

The Edge does look Very Nice. Just and FYI, the new edge 2015 won't have the Snyc in it but the 2016 model will. The new system does look cool. We lease for the same reasons.

Reactions: dalyew
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)