Switching from Dish to Direct.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Sick of all of Dish BS. Have been out of the loop with Direct Tv equip. What should i get ? What kind of dish are they installing now ?

Probally SD Dual Tuner mayhe HD If this is the right time to jump on.

DishDave said:
Sick of all of Dish BS. Have been out of the loop with Direct Tv equip. What should i get ? What kind of dish are they installing now ?

Join the crowd Dave I just switch from E* to D* 2 weeks ago myself and asked a the same question that you did.These are the current mpeg4 hd receivers.http://www.valueelectronics.com/hdtv.htm and here is the antenna

used for said models.http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?main_cat=02&CAT=&PROD=AT59

Hope that helps out a little,I think you will be happy with your decision.

D* is going to a lease only business model. Sorry but the selection of receivers is pathetic compared to what it was 5 years ago.

If i go thru Value Electronics can they sched. a install in Florida?

DishDave said:
Probally SD Dual Tuner mayhe HD If this is the right time to jump on.[/QUOTE

OFFER DETAILS:
Purchase any DIRECTV® DVR between August 1, 2005, and February 28, 2006
Activate DIRECTV® DVR with TiVo service with a two-year commitment to any TOTAL CHOICE® programming package ($41.99/mo. or above); or DIRECTV® PARA TODOS programming package ($26.99/mo. or above); or qualifying international services bundle within 30 days of equipment purchase.
You will automatically receive the official DIRECTV mail-in Rebate Form.

Add $4.99/mo. for separate programming on second and each additional TV.

Starting March 1st, D* will be going the same route as E* and these will leased receivers.Key date 2/28/06

Last edited:
DishDave said:
If i go thru Value Electronics can they sched. a install in Florida?

They will ship the equipment to you and D* or Value Electronics will hook you up with the local installers in your area to get you set up,thats how it worked on my end.Or just call D* and they will provide the name of the companies they contract with in that area for your installation.

FKy.Guy said:
If you have not looked at the web site yet this may also provide a little more help 2U.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/index.jsp
I went through the website and got installed yesterday. Got the R15 DVR for $99 with an instant rebate of $99. Scheduled the install online also. Completely no hassel and everything went smooth as a baby's butt yesterday. :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)