switching from slimline 3 lnb to swm no signal problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

outlawski

Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
minnesota
I have a new au9-sl3-swm dish, I installed it and aligned it and got no signal when hooked up to the swm. I then mounted my old 3 lnb head and got 99% signal and good reception, I'm using a d-12 reciever. I contacted the supplier and ordered a new swm and power inserter, same result. I changed the settings in the reciever each time for the new set up, it auto detected the swm and changed to the correct setting. to test I'm hooked up very close 6 foot cables power inserter to swm, and the output to the D-12. I then tried testing with a newer reciever same result. I just get no signal any suggestions would be appreciated.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Do you have another receiver/dvr in your setup? What do they show for signal strength? Are you sure the power inserter is connected correctly?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Do you have another receiver/dvr in your setup? What do they show for signal strength? Are you sure the power inserter is connected correctly?

I'm with you chip, it sounds like the PI isn't done right but its odd its detecting the SWM and then not working.

That had me wondering too. Got to start with the obvious first, though. I wonder if a receiver/dvr would provide enough voltage to self detect the swm even though it wouldn't work for long.

Wonder I'd he's letting the receiver do a complete reboot before trying it. I've had to swap D12's out because they'd detect SWM but never would work. Swapping receivers from legacy to SWM is a huge PINA at times

That had me wondering too. Got to start with the obvious first, though. I wonder if a receiver/dvr would provide enough voltage to self detect the swm even though it wouldn't work for long.

I doubt thet a recvr would do that, seeing the recvrs put out much less voltage vs a PI.

I doubt thet a recvr would do that, seeing the recvrs put out much less voltage vs a PI.

Nope, they will. Had a service call Saturday. Guy had an H23 on a SWM LNB with no power inserter for almost 2 years and never had an issue. He called in because the remote sensor went bad. Only reason I knew he didn't have one was because I hooked up a 25 and it wouldn't detect SWM so I traced the line and it didn't have one so I checked voltage at the LNB and still nothing! I about crapped considering it lasted that long and never had an issue. I swapped the LNB just because it ran on low voltage that long. How it worked still makes me wonder

Nope, they will. Had a service call Saturday. Guy had an H23 on a SWM LNB with no power inserter for almost 2 years and never had an issue. He called in because the remote sensor went bad. Only reason I knew he didn't have one was because I hooked up a 25 and it wouldn't detect SWM so I traced the line and it didn't have one so I checked voltage at the LNB and still nothing! I about crapped considering it lasted that long and never had an issue. I swapped the LNB just because it ran on low voltage that long. How it worked still makes me wonder

Thats interesting ... so the recvrs voltage was enough to run the SWM frequencies without the PI ....
I wonder if hes had issues before but not enough to call in over ?

Could he have had 2 recvrs, both running at least 13v back to the LNB be enough to work it, seeing it's looking for 21+ ?
Don't know if it would/should work that way, you'd think not, seeing many have more than one recvr running.

Thats interesting ... so the recvrs voltage was enough to run the SWM frequencies without the PI ....
I wonder if hes had issues before but not enough to call in over ?

Could he have had 2 recvrs, both running at least 13v back to the LNB be enough to work it, seeing it's looking for 21+ ?
Don't know if it would/should work that way, you'd think not, seeing many have more than one recvr running.

It seemed to be enough. It was just 1 receiver and it went from wall plate to ground block to LNB. How it worked blows my mind, he said it would pixelate more then usually but not enough to complain about

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)