Switching from two LNBF to three LNBF

Gregroadwarrior

Original poster
Dec 3, 2017
Texas
I have a DISH VIP 222K receiver, 1000.2 dish with two LNBFs. I acquired a three head LNBF head which is for 110, 119 and 129. I usually set my dish to receive 61.5 and 72, but on occasion, have to go for 119 and 110. Is there anything special about hooking the three LNBF up? Special wiring? Is it even worth the bother in regard to acquiring more signals?? Thanks

I have a DISH VIP 222K receiver, 1000.2 dish with two LNBFs. I acquired a three head LNBF head which is for 110, 119 and 129. I usually set my dish to receive 61.5 and 72, but on occasion, have to go for 119 and 110. Is there anything special about hooking the three LNBF up? Special wiring? Is it even worth the bother in regard to acquiring more signals?? Thanks
The three head LNBF is for reception of the 110, 119 & 129 satellites located to the west.(WESTERN ARC) You must receive all 3 satellites to receive all the channels that you currently receive from the EASTERN ARC.
The dish will need to be set to different skew/elevation and azimuth angles not just changing the LNBF.

This is a swap I do frequently as a mobile RV'er to use the clearest line of sight. Other than changing the mentioned settings for the particular location and arc, there is no difference in using either LNBF. Just set it, aim it, and run a check switch to update the receiver.

Depending on where you live, your locals may not be in HD on WA.

I for instance live in Lubbock and our SD locals are on WA but our HD locals are only on EA @ 61.5.

I tried adding a 61.5 wing dish to my 110/119/129 WA setup but it confused the receiver (Hopper/sling at the time) terribly and PTAT essentially quit working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts