Switching Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
OK-- here goes-- I put in a Coolsat DisEqc swith so I can work with two lnbs. I am not 100% sure of my settings on my Coolsat 6000 Premium receiver.

On the settings for DisEqc do I want 1.0 or "1.0/1.1" ?

I have my lnbs plugged into "lnb2" and "lnb3" on the swith. There is nothing plugged into "lnb1" and "lnb4".

What number do I put into the setting for "committed"? (My guess is that if I want to watch lnb2, then I input "2".

What number do I put in for "uncommitted"?

Thanks!

I would recommend always install an LNB on port 1. During testing different switches, I found that most switches are powered by port 1

you would want Diseqc 1.0

Diseqc 1.1 is when you get to an 8x1 switch or committed/uncommitted switches

What number do I put into the setting for "committed"? (My guess is that if I want to watch lnb2, then I input "2".

I would recommend always install an LNB on port 1. During testing different switches, I found that most switches are powered by port 1

But doesn' t the power come from the receiver (which has its own plug)???

But doesn' t the power come from the receiver (which has its own plug)???

My experience, has been that most switches (that I own) need the circuit completed on LNB 1 or the other LNB positions will not switch (I have alot of switches !!)

If leaving port 1 disconnected works for you, then you can disregard my statement.

My experience, has been that most switches (that I own) need the circuit completed on LNB 1 or the other LNB positions will not switch (I have alot of switches !!)

If leaving port 1 disconnected works for you, then you can disregard my statement.
You have me curious now. How would the switch know if it's got something connected to port1? If it's not aimed at a satellite, the presence of a signal would not be the indicator. And the diseqc would not be able to "see" port1 until it's already receiving power from the receiver and functioning in order to switch the diseqc to port 1.

I'm not disputing your findings, as much as I'm just curious as to what's going on in those little square things :) I have a handful of diseqcs in my lineup, someday I'll have to tinker with a few to see if I get the same results or not.

You have me curious now. How would the switch know if it's got something connected to port1? If it's not aimed at a satellite, the presence of a signal would not be the indicator. And the diseqc would not be able to "see" port1 until it's already receiving power from the receiver and functioning in order to switch the diseqc to port 1.

I'm not disputing your findings, as much as I'm just curious as to what's going on in those little square things :) I have a handful of diseqcs in my lineup, someday I'll have to tinker with a few to see if I get the same results or not.

Observed that if I disconnect LNB 1 the switch would stop working on the other ports. Many different switches, but not all the brands. I believe the current flowing to the number one LNB is the current that powers the switch. No current draw on port one and the switch stops working.

Only my observations !!

Mine works on Ports 2 & 3

I use ports 2 and 3 and it works; As I recall, i had problems with port 1 (which may have been my reason).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)