Switching to DirecTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

plainsrider

Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
oklahoma
I'm considering switching to DirecTV from Cox Cable. Is it generally best just to order it directly through them, rather than some third party? Is it possible to get any better deal than what they show on their website for first time subscribers? Any other considerations I should take into account. Thank you.

I'm considering switching to DirecTV from Cox Cable. Is it generally best just to order it directly through them, rather than some third party? Is it possible to get any better deal than what they show on their website for first time subscribers? Any other considerations I should take into account. Thank you.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

You will probably do best to order through Directv. Make sure whatever equipment you may want to get you get at the beginning, since you will get the best deal on them then. If you add something later you will pay more, generally. There is a AAA discount as well as the programming discounts offered to new customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are a AAA member, you can get an extra $10 per month off for 20 months. Visit www.aaa.com/directv and call that number to get set up. Then, after you get the order placed, call the regular DirecTV number and tell them you forgot the refer a friend offer and you can add that and get another $10 off for 10 months. If you are a AT&T, Verizon, or CenturyLink customer, you can get an extra $5 off per month as a bundle discount.

I was able to get 48,000 reward points by signing up through the link on my bank's online banking website - it just took me to the DirecTV site and I still got all the same new customer deals as if I signed up directly through them. So, check into things like that, too.

October 10 starts the fall promotion...The promotion is posted in this forum somewhere. Make sure you get the everything mentioned above plus do not pay for any hardware. Wire every room you like you might need, HR34, as many c31 as you need, whole home internet and connection kit, etc. Remember everything is free so hang up if they don't and start again but wait until 10/10...Also get someones account and the $10/month buddy promo. Your job the next 10 days is to do your research. I've just did all the above so it can be done...

rd76 said:
October 10 starts the fall promotion...The promotion is posted in this forum somewhere. Make sure you get the everything mentioned above plus do not pay for any hardware. Wire every room you like you might need, HR34, as many c31 as you need, whole home internet and connection kit, etc. Remember everything is free so hang up if they don't and start again but wait until 10/10...Also get someones account and the $10/month buddy promo. Your job the next 10 days is to do your research. I've just did all the above so it can be done...

You got every room wired you thought you would need? Installer must've got a good tip, only rooms that have DirecTV equipment gets wired for free. DirecTV only installs 4 or 6 rooms for free, everything else is extra too. You're also only getting 3 C31's for free, extra for each one there after.

Everything isn't free. 34 is still $99. Some have reported getting it for free but most get atleast the $99 charge.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys :)

My account is almost a month old. Is it too late to get on this?

nope. You can call your telco provider and they will create an order to bring the account to the Telco. So instead of Directv billing you they bill the Telco and they bill you.
Any changes you call Directv. The only time you call the Telco is for billing issues

Yes i received my HR34 for free. I have never paid for anything. Please be aggressive in all negotiations as you only get one chance at it. My friend tried but he had to pay the $99. I just told them forget the deal I'll go buy dish. Next he said let me ask my supervisor. He came back with all receivers free, free home connection, free nlf ticket, free 20 off package, free hd. You then go get 10 more for AAA, and 10 more for Buddy referral 5 for packaging...You might not get a deal with the cs so try another. 10/10 is another fall deal. They get their money back in the long run..Plus do not buy the protection plan as you get 90 days to start so use it if needed up front

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)