Switching to DISH, need advice!

If you have only 1 722, your dvr fee would be $7 and no additional receiver fee (gets applied with 2 or more receivers). Hopper dvr fee is higher (I think it is now $11, but not sure due to newest price increase) and each Joey and additional Hopper is $7
That info is outdated/incorrect.

All Hoppers are $12/mo each ($12 for the dvr fee for the first, $12 for any additional hoppers). Joeys are $7 each, as mentioned.

That info is outdated/incorrect.

All Hoppers are $12/mo each ($12 for the dvr fee for the first, $12 for any additional hoppers). Joeys are $7 each, as mentioned.

It would be so nice if that were clearly stated on the Dish site, easily found.

It would be so nice if that were clearly stated on the Dish site, easily found.

They are fees, and they wouldn't be hidden if they did that!

These fees are not meant to be known until after you sign the 24 month contract and get your first bill. At which point you will likely be p*ssed, but it doesn't matter, you are in contract and would have to pay a huge ETF to get out of it. By the time the 24 months are over they figure you have long forgotten about it and will be used to the costs.

I really get a kick out of the Dish ads mocking DirectTV for using the exact same obnoxious business practices that Dish does themselves...

When I made the switch to Dish, I had no problem with the Dish website's info. As I built the system, it showed me exactly what the bill would be and the fees were there in plain view. Has that changed?

Same with Direct, the layout showed the first bill and each and every bill for 2 years out.

sourdough you are wrong. They are clearly stated when you sign up online under Order Summary Page. Then there is also the users agreement online that includes the fees. Further, you can see the total costs before you even have the installer begin when he gets there to be sure they are correct. And yet more - the forums have them. The fees may have become obnoxious, but they are not hidden.

But we should have a clearly labelled menu option at the Dish site that shows fees for comparison. I'd like to see:
DVR fee for models A, B & C. $x
DVR fee for models D & E. $y
Whole Home. $z
Recvr A fee. $w
Recvr B fee. $v
etc

Too much time and trouble to have to build a system. Heck, our local cableco hands out a two page list of fees.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I switched from Dish to Direct about 1 yr ago for a couple of reasons which I will not get into.
Just for giggles I went to Dish's website and built a system for my house.
200 Channels
1 Hopper/Sling
1 Joey
Protection plan

No Hbo/starz....No Blockbuster....

Monthly Bill $85... That is if I took the IPad offer..
Funny how that IPad still costs you $360..:)

I switched from Dish to Direct about 1 yr ago for a couple of reasons which I will not get into.
Just for giggles I went to Dish's website and built a system for my house.
200 Channels
1 Hopper/Sling
1 Joey
Protection plan

No Hbo/starz....No Blockbuster....

Monthly Bill $85... That is if I took the IPad offer..
Funny how that IPad still costs you $360..:)

Based on your details, the IPad costs you $300 ($25x12). If you choose the 120 package, the IPad only costs you $240. ;)

Why include the protection plan at $84/year in your calculations. You can always add it on the spot for 4 months if you need a service call.
If your dealing with elderly parent's and cost savings calculations go out the window. The only thing is "Can they Use the system" Changing and then trying to teadch them how to use a different system is more trouble than the cost savings.

He wasn't adding it. The protection plan is free for 4 months on new installs.

Actually, it comes to 83.99 with no discounts, not $85.
64.99 AT200
12.00 Hopper
7.00 Joey

So is the consensus that DirecTV is better than Dish? In terms of learning remote control technology, it wont be a problem. The question is just about getting the same channels and the same service for a better price.

No not at all. Dish has a superior product when it comes to hardware, and the prices are usually a bit cheaper. DirecTV has more sports available, specifically the NFL Sunday Ticket. If Sunday Ticket isn't important to you, Dish has better hardware and costs less.

They are fees, and they wouldn't be hidden if they did that!

These fees are not meant to be known until after you sign the 24 month contract and get your first bill. At which point you will likely be p*ssed, but it doesn't matter, you are in contract and would have to pay a huge ETF to get out of it. By the time the 24 months are over they figure you have long forgotten about it and will be used to the costs.

I really get a kick out of the Dish ads mocking DirectTV for using the exact same obnoxious business practices that Dish does themselves...

You can't ask them what their fees are? You don't check on those things before you sign something? Sounds like someone who's pissed that they didn't do their due diligence before signing up.

How ? Saving $30 a month for 12 months would be $360.. 30×10=300 2×30=60 that is 360 in my neck of the woods..:cool:

Except that the 200 package is $25 off, not $30. Only the 250 package is $30 off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts