Switching to Dish - Need wiring diagram

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hdfxsti

Original poster
Nov 14, 2006
I have finally decided to switch to HD programming and plan to sign up with Dish. My current system is an old DTV 18" dish with a home run to each receiver. I would like to completely rework all of my interior wiring to clean it up (very sloppy initial install). I want to get it finished to the point where the installer only needs to hang the dish and connect it outside.

How would my home need to be wired for the following:

1 - HD/DVR
1 - Bedroom w/receiver
1 - Bedroom w/receiver
2 - Rooms without receivers (is this possible?)

Do I run only one exterior cable?

Thanks

Need to know your location in order to give complete answer. You would need one line for each receiver, and in your case maybe two dual tuner receivers which may require two lines for each (one if you are using DishProPlus) and coax runs from receiver to tv's without receivers (this may be dual tuner receivers if second room would be viewing different programing). You may be better served by getting a local installer and ask for references, checking those customers as to their installs.

Switching to DISH is not going to be a reason to upgrade your plant. It requires the same installation that you have now with the addition of an RF distribution system for the rooms that don't have receivers.

You need to be specific about the format of the content in each room (SD versus HD) and how many different channels you want to be able to watch at once.

Know that HD content cannot be affordably RF modulated in HD.

You would need one line for each receiver, and in your case maybe two dual tuner receivers which may require two lines for each (one if you are using DishProPlus) and coax runs from receiver to tv's without receivers (this may be dual tuner receivers if second room would be viewing different programing).
DishPro+ is used everywhere it can be and there's no reason not to. This installation will probably benefit from backfeeding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts