Switching to Fios

platinum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
HI, I've been a long time D* customer and my monthly bill is 145 a month, last week I switched my internet service to fios. Verizon offered me a sweet deal to sign up, I'm getting their triple play for 176 a month plus 150 cash back.
All in all a sweet deal and I look forward to amazin PQ.

I made the switch to FIOS Triple Play w/ HD Extreme from Dish on the April 4th. I must say I am pleased!. The first thing I noticed was that HD looked better on most channels and standard look better all around. Getting used to the new remote is probably the worst thing I have had to deal with. Seven years of DISH remote and channel placement is hard to forget :) Now I am a little frustrated with the whole rental of equipment vs buying but I will have to live with it.

I did purchase a TiVo for use in my bedroom as I have a large family and want the ability to record multiple programs with out any conflict and the Home Media DVR is just not enough. So I now have a tech coming out on the 22nd to install Cable cards into the TiVo. Hopefully that will go as smoothly as the original install.

I think my total bill with equipment rental will be about $185.00 a month and I have a 2 year rate lock in. I was spending about $160 with dish only

I made the switch to FIOS Triple Play w/ HD Extreme from Dish on the April 4th. I must say I am pleased!. The first thing I noticed was that HD looked better on most channels and standard look better all around. Getting used to the new remote is probably the worst thing I have had to deal with. Seven years of DISH remote and channel placement is hard to forget :) Now I am a little frustrated with the whole rental of equipment vs buying but I will have to live with it.

I did purchase a TiVo for use in my bedroom as I have a large family and want the ability to record multiple programs with out any conflict and the Home Media DVR is just not enough. So I now have a tech coming out on the 22nd to install Cable cards into the TiVo. Hopefully that will go as smoothly as the original install.

I think my total bill with equipment rental will be about $185.00 a month and I have a 2 year rate lock in. I was spending about $160 with dish only
Welcome aboard! I think you have discovered what I have been saying for quite a while...FiOS TV is the value and quality leader. Except for the HD DVR, it blows Dish Network back into the stone ages. In my opinion, Dish Network offers exactly zero (0) HD channels and the FTC should fine them million for fraudulent advertising. Your posts, and the posts of hundreds of former E* customers, only serves to reconfirm this fact. Dish Network HD should accurately be called ETV...because that's what it most closely resembles.

Anyway, although it take some getting used to...you will enjoy your TivoHD. Later this year you may wish to dump your FiOS HD DVRs and consider replacing them with other options: TivoHD, Moxi, new EchoStar HD DVR?, etc. To be honest, we keep a FiOS DVR around because we really like the VOD and Widgets.

Also, there are now 109 HD channels in my local line with 100 of them being nation HD channels. Also, if you're a Big Ten or Yankees fan, you will enjoy the Big Ten Network HD and YES HD at no additional charge!

I got my install yesterday. The installer arrived on time and had me up and running pretty fast, the install was painless. I have to say i'm impressed with there service so far, the picture is sweet and the vod selection is incredible. The channel line up will take some getting used to, but that is no biggie. So far i'm a happy customer.

Glad to hear! Verizon is on track to have 3.2 million customers by the end of the year. Platinum, the one thing you will want to stay on top of is Verizon's billing - ours was screwed up for 3-4 months. If you have a problem, just let me know since I have a half-dozen corporate contact numbers from our billing issue.

Also, we have HD Extreme with the Movie/Sports package (whatever it's called). In the past year, we've had probably about 6-months of free HBO/Cinemax services because Verizon keeps calling to offer us a free 30-day trial...we just keep accepting and cancelling after 30 days. The number they seem to call from is (410) 910-0609.

In the past year, we've had probably about 6-months of free HBO/Cinemax services because Verizon keeps calling to offer us a free 30-day trial...we just keep accepting and cancelling after 30 days. The number they seem to call from is (410) 910-0609.

Same here.

In fact, we just started a new free 30-day trial yesterday of all premium subscriptions! :up