Switching tuners

okypinoky

Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Good Day -

As a new Dish DVR and HD DVR user, coming from TiVo has been a difficult transition, but I am adjusting well. I have finally gotten rid of the shakes and am beginning to feel less like I have lost a best friend.

Anyway, I have run into a small question that I can not seem to resolve. I have two DVRs, one HD the other a regular DVR.

The HDTV had PiP as a basic function. As such, swapping between tuners is very easy on the HD DVR by simply hitting the "Swap" button.

However, the TV at which I have the regular DVR does not have PiP (much older TV) and I can not seem to find out how to swap between the two tuners. This is extreamly helpful when trying to watch two channels at the same time - ESPECIALLY if each tuner maintains the hour (or so) of rewind time.

Any suggestions or "how to"s would be greatly appreciated!!

R/
Oky

The 625 is a two tuner system. I've only had time to use for a month b4 canceling dish. The 625 controlled 2 tvs. Should be somewhere in the menu to switch back and forth. I could tell by the green and yellow led's on front which tv was on.

DVR-625 is the model, however I am unsure if this is a dual tuner or not.

You need to make sure you have inputs to Sat 1 and Sat 2 on the back of the reciever, as well as having the equipment capable of doing that. Also, if you do in fact have both Sat 1 & 2 connected, make sure you operate the 625 in single mode.

Ok. Make sure it's in single mode and use the PIP or Swap button on the remote. If that still doesn't work for you, which it should, then you can use the TV remote to switch betwen the video inputs that the SAT 1 and 2 are connected to on the TV. If the TV only has one VID/Audio input, or just a single cable input, you can buy a one of those boxes from radio shack that allows multiple inputs to the box, and that connects to the TV. If you have to go that route you will have to manually swap the inputs on the box from SAT 1 to SAT 2. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts