Swithing To Star Choice ?

EROS

Original poster
May 30, 2007
I'm new at this...

CAN I PICK UP NIMIQ1 AT 91 & 91.5 WITH 1 HEAD on my dish ?
I've had BEV for almost 8 years... & lost tranponders like everybody else in the south US... I'm in LA.
Can I pick up 91 & 91.5 with the same dish or do I need a 2 heads ? My dish is 90cm...
Hope someone can help...
If I need to switch to SC, can I keep the same dish & equipement on the roof & just get a SC box from Canada ?
Txs

broke off to new thread

What do you mean 91 & 91.1? There are 2 satellites at 91 (Nimiq1 & 4). If you are in LA (as in California) you will not get the stuff on Nimiq4 due to the footprint not reaching there (its a crapelite)

Nimiq1 you can. Do a search here in this area for the footprint issues.

If I need to switch to SC, can I keep the same dish & equipement on the roof & just get a SC box from Canada ?

yes and no....you can use the same dish but you need a new LNB. StarChocie is linear KU whereas EVu is DBS circular

Any Sat Guy In La ?

Txs a lot Iceberg for your help.
Do you know any tech guy in Los Angeles that I can pay & will be able to do the work for me if I switch from BEV to SC ?

Hi EROS,

I am also in LA, lost ALL of my favorite channels on BEV. You mentioned you are using a 90cm dish and are lost some of the transponders.

I am using a Dish 500 dish and thinking to upgrade to 90 cm dish thinking it may regain some of the TP (transponders) as suggested by other threads in this forum.

Can you confirm if you get TP1 on 82 and TP10 on 91 with your 90 cm dish?

THANKS very much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)