SWM 3 LNB to Slim 5 LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerseyfla

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Georgia
I live in Southeast Mississippi, I get Biloxi and some New Orleans locals on my satellite and I am trying to "move" to get Mobile stations because 1. I can pickup all 3 Biloxi stations on an OTA antenna easily and 2. I rarely, ever go to New Orleans and my wife and I do go to Mobile and Pensacola area quite a lot.

When I got my dish installed here they threw on a SWM 3 LNB with 1 input and a SWM power inserter. I knew I needed a 5 lnb to get the Mobile SD locals. I bought a SL5 5 lnb with 4 inputs on ebay and I am trying to hook it up. I have 2 coaxial cables, 1 installed in the SWM lnb and 1 hanging on the dish pole. Can anyone assist me on if I can possibly switch to the Slim 5 lnb with just the 2 coaxials attached or do i need 2 more. Plus what do I need to pick on my Sat Setup on the screen and do I need B-Band converters, which i still have from my last house in Florida.

I live in Southeast Mississippi, I get Biloxi and some New Orleans locals on my satellite and I am trying to "move" to get Mobile stations because 1. I can pickup all 3 Biloxi stations on an OTA antenna easily and 2. I rarely, ever go to New Orleans and my wife and I do go to Mobile and Pensacola area quite a lot.

When I got my dish installed here they threw on a SWM 3 LNB with 1 input and a SWM power inserter. I knew I needed a 5 lnb to get the Mobile SD locals. I bought a SL5 5 lnb with 4 inputs on ebay and I am trying to hook it up. I have 2 coaxial cables, 1 installed in the SWM lnb and 1 hanging on the dish pole. Can anyone assist me on if I can possibly switch to the Slim 5 lnb with just the 2 coaxials attached or do i need 2 more. Plus what do I need to pick on my Sat Setup on the screen and do I need B-Band converters, which i still have from my last house in Florida.

You need the bbcs if you don't have an HR23. How many dvrs/receivers are you using? The 5 lnb will run 4 tuners, that is two dvrs or four receivers. I'm guessing you have more than one since you have the SWM. If so, you need to run a cable for each tuner you have. Make sure to remove the power inserter and splitter from the set up. It would be easier if you had a SWM 5 lnb, just switch the 5 for the 3.

probably it might be easier to get a swm 5 lnb

Thanks guys. Yeah, I just figured out I'm a dummy, I might as well just resell the slim and get a SWM 5 lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts