SWM 5 Lnbs (Possibly)

I think you should probably find a pdf on how swm works, in a correctly done install, you should have 4 lines running off your dish to a ground block and then into your house, or into your house and then grounded. Im not going to start a grounding battle in my thread so im just going to assume it is grounded. you want to remove the lnb from your current dish and attach any one of the 4 wires to the swm lnb. just make sure you know which line it is heading to the ground, then into the house, you could cut the other wires, remove them, whatever. just get 1 wire from the swm lnb, to the ground then into the house, you could leave everything existing, and i probably would just to have 'back up' wiring available, then you probably have the 4 wires going to a switch, or possibly just to your existing receivers. at this point you could put the swm switch in. and then trace which wire runs to where you want the power inserter to go, and put that wire on the red port of the switch. the other locations dont matter, leave any open ports capped with terminators. remove any bbcs from all receivers, then connect the cable directly to each receiver. Go to the room where you traced the wire to the red port, connect the power inserter to that jack or cable line (red port on pi) then run a jumper from the power inserter to the ird. Make sure all your recievers are turned off at this point. plug the power inserter in, then plug the receivers back in. you will probably see it hang at receiving satellite info 0% just wait.... go get coffee.... come back... it should come to a 771 screen and you can now use the remote. menu - setup - system setup - satellite - repeat satellite setup. It should now find the swm hardware. (note if your receivers come back to live tv prior to the 771 step, i would repeat setup regardless) continue, continue, continue, watch tv... done....

i flew through that and would highly recommend you look into installation of the SWM LNB further, or find a private tech to install this for you before purchasing one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)