SWM 8 Multi Switch Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerod.price

Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Illinois
I have a Directv Slimline dish with a SL3PIG-P LNB that I use for camping and would like to use my H25 reciever from home. From what I read I would need the SWM8 Multiswitch along with the power inserter to make this work. Is that correct? My other question is if another user has a non SWM receiver they would connect to the "legacy" port on the multiswitch. Will the legacy port still work if the power inserter is not plugged in on the H25 setup?

Thanks for any help!

I have a Directv Slimline dish with a SL3PIG-P LNB that I use for camping and would like to use my H25 reciever from home. From what I read I would need the SWM8 Multiswitch along with the power inserter to make this work. Is that correct?
correct. The H25 is SWM only

My other question is if another user has a non SWM receiver they would connect to the "legacy" port on the multiswitch. Will the legacy port still work if the power inserter is not plugged in on the H25 setup?

Thanks for any help!
If you mean non SWM as it wont work with a SWM setup (like the older R15's, D10's etc) then yes it goes to the Legacy port)
If the receiver is newer and can work on both SWM and non-SWM (like the H21,2,3,4 or HR21-24) then all you need to do is hook it directly to the LNB. You would need the BBC converters to get HD (the 23's do not require that)

It can be run inline with the first port, so it can go inline with the H25

Would this be assuming that the h25 is the only receiver and no splitter is being used? I always thought the power inserter had to be in between the switch and splitter, thus before the receiver.

Or can you still use the powerpassing legs of the splitter to put the pi next to the receiver?

Would this be assuming that the h25 is the only receiver and no splitter is being used? I always thought the power inserter had to be in between the switch and splitter, thus before the receiver.?
All Green Label (or SWM compliant) splitters have a power pass-through leg marked by a red insert in one of the output connectors. My PI sits right behind my HR24 in the front room and the "to SWM" line goes to the splitter port with the red insert. The splitter input sends the power to the SWM head and two other outputs feed two other receivers. The separate SWM-8 can take power from the signal coax line as well.

Power inserter goes between the Dish and the receiver. No splitter necessary on a 1 receiver setup.

I would rather see you with an H24 and a legacy HD Dish, or just an 18 Dish. It would be less of a mess to deal with then a SWM setup on a temp install.

Would this be assuming that the h25 is the only receiver and no splitter is being used? I always thought the power inserter had to be in between the switch and splitter, thus before the receiver.

Or can you still use the powerpassing legs of the splitter to put the pi next to the receiver?

Yeah can't tell you how many times the SWM8 and splitter is down in a crawl or basement with no power. The PI29 goes behind receiver on the powerpass leg of the splitter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)