Status
Please reply by conversation.

egnlsn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Taylorsville, UT
Good morning folks,

I'm going up to work on a system that was recently converted from a WB68 to a SWM LNB and now only one of the receivers works. A couple of questions I have prior to going up there:

On a SWM LNB, does the power supply connect between the LNB and the splitter, or LNB to splitter and the power supply is on one of the splitter ports.

Are all H20s SWM compatible? If it's a firmware thing, what version does it need, and how do I force a download?

Same question concerning the H21s.

Yesterday, the splitter was described to me and it is the right one, so that's not the issue.

When the SWM LNB was installed, the living room TV didn't exist yet, so the installer could not verify that that receiver was working.

I might be able to talk them into going with the regular LNB head and a SWM8. Does a SWM8 module act as a multiswitch for the legacy ports? In other words, can I connect H20/H21s to the legacy ports and receive all services? A SWM8 module would actually work out better as I would be able to easily combine their CCTV cameras. There are 11 outlets, so that would also allow all outlets to be active.

If the H20 and H21s have been activated for some time, they should already have the software which supports SWM. If not, you have to connect them to a non-SWM dish to download it (force by pressing 02468 when the welcome screen comes up).

Receivers connected to legacy ports of a SWM8 won't receive all of the HD channels.

The PI can be either before or after the splitter. If after, be sure it is connected to the power-passing port of the splitter (these are red on some splitters).

Check that the BBCs were removed when the system was switched to SWM.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)