SWM LNB showing a short, but still working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ibleedRF

Original poster
May 31, 2009
WV
Ok, Im new to both Directv and this forum however, I have been in the content providing arena for about 13 years, only a different format.
That said; I recently had Directv installed with 3 standard recievers and 1 HDDVR, with a SWM LNB. I suspected that the install was half assed, so:eureka I know a guy who has several years exp. with Directv and Dish so I invited him over for a drink and had him look at my setup.
:mad:I was correct! The pole mount was NOT plumb, the Elevation was out by over 5 degrees azimuth was off also. Not to mention that several key nuts and bolts were left lose!
OK, so we fixed everything however, the LNB is showing that it has a short, We used a standard 5LNB to peak in the dish.
With the SWM back in, the system is working but I am getting occational Pixelations and glitching in sound.
My question is; does the SWM LNB's need a different meter or meter setup to read?

You never mentioned which meter you were using, so I can't say if a "different" one is needed. That said, most meters are not capable of powering the SWM LNB by themselves. Some of them require an additional power unit, others need an entirely new meter. Also most meters will refer to an LNB that is using more power than it can provide as shorted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)